A study conducted in 2013 found the over 12,000 people were homeless in Philadelphia alone.
A hoodie can be used as a jacket, a pillow, a sleeping bag or to provide hope for a better tomorow.
With your help and a small donation we can help those in need living on the streets in these cold conditions. Our mission is to provide warm hoodie sweatshirts to the men and woman who have no other sheltering options in the tri-state area.
- According to the 2010 US Conference of Mayors report, Family homelessness increased by 9%.
- 68% of the cities reporting in the 2010 Mayor's Report, had to turn away homeless families with children because of a lack of available shelter beds.
- Among families who are homeless with children, the majority cited loss of a job as the cause, followed by the lack of affordable housing, poverty, low-paying jobs and domestic violence.
- 42% of homeless children are under the age of 6.
- Families with children comprise one of the fastest-growing segments of the homeless population today.
“Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.”
? Booker T. Washington