The Pioneer Chapel at Poowong is the oldest public building in the Shire of South Gippsland (VIC, Australia), originally constructed in 1878 by L.C.Holmes. As part of the upcoming 150th birthday celebrations in 2024 for the township of Poowong, the chapel is currently undergoing structural updating. This is primarily the repairs and replacement of the weatherboards and the upgrading of the toilet facilities. The Poowong Historical Group as custodians of the Chapel are seeking urgently needed funding to assist with this project. We are also seeking funding to republish an updated version of the book "Since We Were A Century". The people of Poowong are a proud and close knit community and the preservation of our history is of vital and significant importance.