The Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) is a 2,650-mile national scenic trail that runs from Mexico to Canada through California, Oregon and Washington. The PCT traverses 24 national forests, 37 wilderness areas and 7 national parks. The PCT passes through 6 out of 7 of North Americas Eco zones.
This upcoming April I will be embarking on a journey like I have never experienced before. For the last few years my dream has been to thru-hike the entire west coast via the Pacific Crest Trail. This trek will take me about 5 1/2 months all by foot. My adventure will be both the most physically and mentally challenging thing I have ever set out to accomplish. This trip is taking months and months of prior planning and tons of training. I have been working extremely hard to make this dream possible, working multiple jobs and trying to pay taxes and bills and rent, and on top of that trying to prepare for my journey coming ever so close. So far I have bought almost all of my equipment but it still seems as though I need more and more as the planning goes on.
Long distance hiking typically costs about $2 for each mile hiked, and this trip is 2650 miles. This money will be wisely spent on food [it takes a lot of calories to hike 15-30 mile days!] for 5 1/2 months, the occasional stay at a hostel, postage to mail supplies, gear repair or replacement and finally a "GoPro Camera" so I can document my entire experience and share it with everyone. Any donations and moral support are greatly appreciated. I will stop at nothing to fulfill this dream.
I will also be setting up a blog and an active map that will keep everyone updated while on this great adventure. If you would like to know more about my adventure or follow me on my blog, please leave a comment on this site and I'll let you know when my "Blog" is officailly up and running.
Here are some Fun Facts About the PCT:
- It Passes through three states (California, Oregon and Washington)
- Climbs nearly 60 major mountain passes
- Descends into 19 major canyons and
- Ambles past more than 1,000 lakes and tarns.
- The PCT crosses the world-famous San Andreas Fault three times!
- The PCT passes the three deepest lakes in the nation; Lake Tahoe (1,645 feet), Crater Lake (1,932 feet) and Lake Chelan (1,149 feet)
- It was recently pointed out that fewer people have thru-hiked the PCT than have climbed Mt. Everest! Could it be that a thru-hike is tougher than climbing the tallest mountain on Earth?
Thank you so much for your support!