SG$5,000.00raised of SG$6,000.00 goal goal
I recently started a fundraiser on GoGetFunding for My Pet, Lokie.
He just reach 4 years old on 26th July. He is a sweetheart, a very outgoing & friendly cat. We were engaged to do fun photoshoots and video shoots because he such a easy, stress free cat to manage. He will flip his belly in the middle of no where to ask for affections.
He loves cold water. He will dash from anywhere he is whenever he hears the fridge door open and meow for cold water to be refilled. And he will then dip his paw and play with the water. But lately.. he doesn’t do that anymore..
We notice the loss of weight initially but we wasn’t that worried because we thought Lokie was just fussy and losing a bit of weight was ok because during our last visit to the vet for annual vaccine in April, we were told that Lokie was slightly overweight. 4.87KG
But the weight loss was getting more obvious, and till the extend of him not eating his favourite food. At first we thought it might be dental issue, due to the way he eats, so we decide to bring Lokie in to do general check and also do blood test since Lokie never did any blood test before.
16/8/21 - We went for vet appointment. Upon assessment, The vet notice that one side of his kidney was slightly larger. So we were advice to do an extensive blood test & urine test and the blood test result came out not as what we expected.. His values was 4X higher than normal.. so high that it reaches the end of the bar; and we know when cats finally show symptoms of them not feeling well.. it only means they are really really really unwell.. he was weighing 3.6kg ): The Vet said that it could be congenital or infection. And the dental condition is not that severe to the extend of him not wanting to eat
Lokie was then prescribed with K/D kidney care prescription diet wet food along with phosphate binder, appetite stimulant; also need to do daily subcut of 200ml and go back for review a week later to see if it improves, and discuss the next treatment.
20/8/21 - Few days after home treatment, he is losing even more weight. Totally not eating at all, wasn’t even improving slightly. We had to force feed him day and night but he just vomit everywhere. We don’t know what to do.. He is not responding to the treatment at all and we can tell that he is feeling worst. After checking with the vet, we had to get him for IV drip.
21/8/21, 8am - We will be hospitalising Lokie for IV drip.. (Updated at the comment section)
21/8/21, 11pm - We made the first withdrawal of $560 (uploaded) for Lokie's bill as deposit. He was admitted to Advance Vet Care due to difficult breathing after he came back home from IV drip. He had to be hospitalise for the night, and be put in the oxygen cage to help breathing. Once he is more stable, they will proceed to do X-ray to check his lungs and advise on what to do if theres fluid. They will also be doing a heart x-ray to see if theres any underlying health issues thats causing him to have built up fluid in his lungs. Please pray for Lokie.
21/08- Now the PayPal account has a balance of $959.81 (uploaded) after withdrawal and deduction of 7% administration fee by Getgofunding.
22/8/21, 11pm - We made the second withdrawal of $200 (uploaded) for Lokie's balance payment for this bill..
22/08 - Now the PayPal account has a balance of $2732.26 (uploaded) after withdrawal and deduction of 7% administration fee by Getgofunding.
08/09 - We made a third withdrawal of $995 (Uploaded) for Lokie's Echocardiogram & Ultrasound + misc stuff + meds.. Now the PayPal account has a balance of $2141.46 (Uploaded) after withdrawing and deduction of 7% administration fee by Getgofunding.
4/10 - We made our forth withdrawal of $1070 (Uploaded) - 1% admin fee from PayPal. (Uploaded) for Lokie's visit to VES for Echocardiogram, blood test & urine test + misc. Now the PayPal account has a balance of $1071.46 (Uploaded) after withdrawing and deduction of 7% administration fee by Getgofunding.
Our first bill (uploaded) was $400+, and we have cleared the bill. And now we need help, as we know this is gonna be a long process…
We blame ourselves for not realising earlier, blame ourselves for not doing blood test earlier.
Now we are doing whatever we can do help Lokie.
I’ve put this process on my cat’s ig post (@pawsanova) and I’m very thankful for many people that reach out to us, wanting to send us food, supplements and even pay our bills.
I decided to create a GoGetFunding for Lokie because it would assure those that want to support me that only I could use the money raised and only for veterinary care expenses.
Because of covid, I lost my job and couldn’t find a job and was jobless for almost a year. And finally now I am just starting to build my career back, and this unexpected thing happen..
My elderly father was had seizure few weeks ago, and hit his head and was just discharge recently, and the hospital bill was cleared. and 21/8/21, I receive a call from my mom saying my dad is admitted to TTSH due to stroke, and had to go through brain surgery the next day due to a massive blood clot in his brain from his previous fall. He is 84 this year. And my mom, have underlying health issues too.
What I am trying to say is that I know how people always view owners of their incapability of taking care of their pets especially the bills when we look like we are well to do enough, but truth is, you don’t know what they are going through. And for us, We are just trying to meet ends every month; doing what we can or what we think is best for all our furkids. I don’t expect you to just believe every word I said, but as an animal lover myself, I really really love my pets.
Im thankful that we are not being judged by seeking help. But if you’re uncomfortable and you felt is not right for me to ask for crowd funding, please just look away from this instead of commenting negative stuff. It’s a tough time for us. I don’t know how much all this is gonna cost, all we know it’s just the beginning.. so after we finalised the vet bills and if there’s balance, I will donate this to cat rescuer/feeder or shelters to help them and won’t use it for personal gain. If you have any preference of which to donate, please let me know.
If you find it in your heart, please consider donating to support my campaign. If you are unable to, I certainly understand and appreciate you anyway. Regardless, would you please repost my campaign.
Thank you again for your help.
xx- Kendrick & Kimberly
- Kendrick Lee
- Campaign Owner
4/10 VES tripUpdate posted by Kendrick Lee at 01:32 pm
Today is our first time visiting VES for Lokie’s 2nd opinion review after being referred by Dr Joey. Dr Shi Min was our primary practitioner. We did blood & urine test, as well as echogram.Results states that:Lokie indeed has heart disease. And was diagnose as “hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy”, as of. . . . .
Update on 8th Sept.Update posted by Kendrick Lee at 01:25 pm
Finally the ultrasound report and echocardiogram report is out. We now know that Lokie has some sort of heart failure, but we are still unsure of what degree and what kind of heart failure is it. We have very limited knowledge is to what is going on with Lokie's heart. . . . .
Update for 24th august.Update posted by Kendrick Lee at 06:59 am
Lokie lost another 300G of weight but he is taking his time to eat and drink water by himself now. Currently we still on meds to help with reaching fluid from his lungs, and also blood thinning meds to prevent clots. We were given a more detailed and proper diagnosis. . . . .
Unexpected turn of the worst.Update posted by Kendrick Lee at 05:03 pm
We brought the proBNP snap test kit today to AVC for testing to see if Lokie has an underlying heart issues.. And the test came out "Abnormal".. Means Lokie is positive for heart issues. We will need to schedule an echocardiogram to find out exactly what type of heart problem. . . . .
Update after hospitalisation.Update posted by Kendrick Lee at 02:33 am
Called the vet for an update.Few hours after giving lokie first dose of meds, they did an x-ray.Results showed fluids surrounding both lungs, diaphragm and heart. Heart wasn’t clear and appeared irregular shaped. Image of both kidneys showed a white dot inside.His breathing is still fast and hard, a slight. . . . .
Difficulty breathingUpdate posted by Kendrick Lee at 01:55 pm
Lokie is home after IV drip but he seems to be having difficulty breathing. We were advised to bring to a 24 hours vet. Suspect fluid in lungs.. or other underlying issues.. fingers crossed..update - Lokie will be hospitalise for the night. and he is inside an oxygen cage now. . . . .
Vet Updates.Update posted by Kendrick Lee at 05:26 am
- For the next few days, Lokie will be put on IV fluid drip. Next blood test will be on Monday, just to test Renal Panel. This is to gauge his response and see if will need a change in the fluid rate. But we continue on phosphate binder.- Best. . . . .
Admitting Lokie to the Vet.Update posted by Kendrick Lee at 12:18 am
We will be hospitalising Lokie for emergency IV drip.
Urine Test results.Update posted by Kendrick Lee at 08:12 am
20/8/21We just receive the urine test results, and theres no infection.