Hello! My name is Beatriz, I'm an animal lover from Spain living in Cyprus, an island country in the Eastern Mediterranean with 1.1 million people. Cyprus’ feral cat population is now a staggering 1.5 million animals according to welfare groups who blame years of chronic underfunding of spaying and neutering programmes. That means there are more cats than humans! It may sound like heaven for an animal lover but it's actually hell, most of them face disease and illness, and can be teeming with parasites, apart from starving... Cat shelters are overwhelmed while every town has its ‘cat ladies’ who feed the local cat population and often pay for vet bills out of their own pockets. I'm one of those ladies who started feeding a single cat in my yard, and has now around 20 coming. It's very difficult to manage and I'm desperate for some help as I don't have a job at the moment, and I'm afraid I will have to move and leave all these cats to their own devices when there is a number of monsters in this country that abuse them, poison them, run over them, use them as bait to train their hunting dogs, sell them to laboratories to test on them and a large etc. I really need some help in order to start spaying and neutering them, as well as paying for vet bills and healthier food. Please, any amount will be much appreciated.
You can see the vet bills worth 425 € in the pictures. And I will also post pictures of the cats, information about them and updates:
(Most of the cats in this colony were given Greek gods and goddesses names as I'm obsessed with Greek mythology ☺)
- Zeus, he was my first baby. Sadly, he disappeared some months ago and I feared the worst...
- Ares, he came soon after Zeus, one day I found him dead in my yard leaving me heartbroken...
- Afrodita, she is the most loving stray cat I ever met, she loves to sneak inside the house.
- Apolo, one of my best friends, so shy it took him time to let me close now he even lets me hold him.
- Hades, very independent, yet loves to be pet.
- Hera, poor soul was attacked while pregnant, she was taken to the vet but I never saw her babies. Hopefully, someone took care of them.
- Hefesto, Dioniso and Eros, they love to have fun and rest in the shadow.
- Atenea and her babies Basty and Myisis, they are the newest addition to the colony. The kittens had a mouth infection so I treated them at home, gave them vaccinations, deworming and ticks and fleas treatment. They have their next vet appointment this week and I'm currently trying to find them a family.
- Artemisa and her babies Babau and Chutti, also new around. First, I was able to catch one of them who was stuck in a tree with a terrible eye infection, he spent a night in the vet as he had fever and diarrhea and he's currently at home. I was worried about his brother too and I was able to catch him a few days later. They are both getting healthy at home but vet bills keep increasing and I can't afford it so I urgently need help or a family to adopt them, which would be the the best option.
There are others that only come to eat and rest, they are less friendly and don't get close to humans as they were probably mistreated in the past. All of them need spaying/neutering, medicines and food, they will be eternally grateful to you ♡♡♡♡♡
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me: [email protected] (it's also my paypal email)
Thank you for reading, if you can't donate, would you at least share it, please? Have a good day!