₱41,885raised of ₱300,000.00 goal
Fundraising for Mama's bone fusion surgery and breast cancer treatment.
Hello! I am Michelle Limalima from Cebu, Philippines. My mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, Grade 2) and underwent mastectomy last March 16, 2021. We are still waiting for some lab results to determine the best course of treatment for her (chemo, radiation, and/or hormonal medication).
Last April 12, 2021, mom was again rushed to the hospital. She got a fractured right distal femur and MRI result showed a 6cm tumor on her knee. The tumor made her bone brittle, causing it to break. Now, my mom is again in need of another surgery. The tumor has to be removed and she has to undergo bone fusion (as using a prosthesis would be way too expensive) to repair the broken bone.
Now, we have to gather a big amount of money just to start the operation (down payment for the procedure: Php30,000; materials to be used: Php53;000; 3 bags of blood w/ cross matching (appx Php7100); and other medicine and materials needed for the operation). Other tests are also required after the operation (dish testing for HER2: Php16,000; biopsy for the knee tumor: appx Php5,000; bone scan: Php7725) to determine the best course of treatment that would affect both breast cancer and the knee tumor.
We have exhausted my mom's insurance coverage and incurred lots of debts from her previous operation. Hence, we are doing this campaign, knocking on your generous hearts for any amount you could spare.
- Michelle Limalima
- Campaign Owner
Stage 4 CancerUpdate posted by Michelle Limalima at 05:50 am
Based on the biopsy result, Mama's knee tumor turned out to be a metastatic one from her breast cancer. This means that Mama's Invasive Breast Carcinoma is now at Stage 4. She would need to undergo a bone scan to determine whether there are other metastatic tumors on other parts. . . . .
Operation DoneUpdate posted by Michelle Limalima at 02:15 am
The operation lasted for more than 7 hrs. After that, it was touch and go for Mama. Her internal organs did not immediately function. Her BP was too low and her heart rate too fast. She was supposed to be sent to the ICU but thank God for good doctors
Scheduled OperationUpdate posted by Michelle Limalima at 12:55 am
Mama is in so much pain. Her bed sores worsened (it's now big and deep, keeps bleeding and oozing with smelly discharges, and the skin around the wound is starting to darken); both her legs are in pain (one due to the broken femur, the other due to cramps caused. . . . .
Transfer to VSMMC deniedUpdate posted by Michelle Limalima at 12:29 am
We are still unable to meet the money required for my mom's implant and our bill here in UC Med is growing. We requested for a transfer to a cheaper hospital, VSMMC, but got denied. Still trying to find out why and requesting the transfer again.
Mama needs the surgery ASAP.Update posted by Michelle Limalima at 04:03 am
Mama's starting to have bed sores as she can't change position in bed. Her back is starting to ache and the wound from her previous operation is starting to swell. She really has to get the operation as soon as possible.