Dear Family and Friends,
Shaine and Michelle and the Davenport family urgently need your help. If you know Shaine’s dad, Leonard Davenport, he was critically ill in Thembisa Hospital. The standards of this hospital are similar to a nightmare. He was moved from Carstenhoff as he is seen as a liability for not having medical aid / sufficient funds and is forced to attend the hospital in his resident district. We then started a Facebook page where we couldn try raise money to move Leonard to a private hospital and with gods grace and help from strangers and family and friends we got to move Zamokuhle private hospital in tembisa..
As I’m typing this message, Shaine literally can’t find the words to express how sorry we are feeling in our hearts for his dad being subjected to such conditions and we are just so greatful that we got to change them however, we feel like we need to fight with everything that we’ve got to do the right thing and give him the best chance.
Leonard has diabities and a diabetic ulcer on his leg which has basically poisoned his body. We also confirmed that he is in renal failure and has a chronic case of COPD and a enlarged heart due to sleep apnoea.
Currently his condition is stable, but he did take a turn for the worst.
Yesterday early hours of the morning Len had to be ventilated as his lungs where not getting rid of his carbon dioxide which was poisoning his body and this was only happening due to his sleep apnoea.
From there the Dr had told us he has gone into septic shock from the diabetic wound on his leg. His kidney function then also decreased and so did his blood pressure..
The Dr called the family together and gave us options and to stabilize his current condition.
The Dr advised us that Len DOES need dialysis as len was not passing urine at all and retaining water due to the renal failure but we couldn't do this with his blood pressure being so low.
The Dr then gave len some adrenalin and a steroid to stabilize his BP.
Now let me tell you the family, myself included all waiting at the hospital from 7am to 5.30pm when the Dr came and saw us at 5.30pm lens BP had stabilized and he was ready for dialysis..
I can't express how nervous this made our family as it was a chance we were willing to take to try and bring Len home.
This morning on our visit the nurses informed us that len was doing well on dialysis and his BP (blood pressure) had improved and was stable..
I myself ( Lens niece) was so overjoyed and just took a step back and thanked the Lord for answering all our preyars.. I have never in my entire life met a man stronger than my uncle and he's fighting.
But guys we still need help.
We are a private paying client at Zamokuhle hospital and need to try raise enough money to get Leonard the right treatment he needs..
He needs to stay in hospital ICU for another 2-3 weeks.
He needs to see other specialists as well but as the Dr said Leonard DOES have a fighting chance... So please if anyone is willing to help us please we will be forever in your debt.
Help me and my family bring Len home..
We’d also like to thank everyone who’s shared and made a donation so far. From the bottom of our hearts we’re truly grateful. If you’re able to make any anonymous donation please do so..