We are helping homeless children who have those following sings :
- Lack of Continuity in Education – Children have moved around a lot and attended a number of schools. They often haven't developed the skills many of their peers exhibit.
- Poor Health and Nutrition – Hoarding of food, consistently falling asleep in class, and a lack of medical records are all examples of signs that children may exhibit in this category.
- Transportation and Attendance Problems – Children are often absent or tardy and don't participate in field trips or other school activities.
- Poor Hygiene – Hair is often unwashed and children wear the same clothes for days at a time.
- Lack of Personal Space After School – Children consistently fail to complete or turn in homework. They also don't have basic school supplies or are very protective of the materials they do have in their possession.
- Social and Behavioral Concerns – Children who are homeless may have poor self-esteem and self-confidence or find it difficult to trust people.
- Reactions or Statements by Family Member or Child – When asked about a current address, they get flustered and angry or come up with excuses for why they can't remember it offhand.