The EUROPEAN NETWORK OF FILIPINO DIASPORA (ENFiD) - IRELAND is a registered Cavan-based non-profit organisation (Company Limited by Guarantee No. 574462) and a member of the leading volunteer network in Ireland - The Wheel (Member No. 122937).
Part of ENFiD-Europe, ENFiD-Ireland is a registered non-profit company that aims to empower the Filipino community by campaigning for migrant rights and celebrating the unique and indispensable skills of Filipino workers which are a crucial contributor to the labour workforce in Ireland. It also believes in honing their ambassadorial potential by engaging them to their Philippine roots and the Irish cultural heritage, giving form to their identity as Filipino and Irish and promoting the Philippines & the Republic of Ireland.
We are seeking funding for the following projects:
- "GETTING STARTED IN EIRE: A HANDBOOK FOR IRELAND-BOUND PINOYS" - Apart from working with the Philippine Labour Office in London in getting a better understanding of overseas recruitment issues in Ireland, we are developing the first regularly updated online handbook for Ireland-bound Filipino migrants to help them get started, integrate, and settle in the country. Printed copies will be given to new immigrant nurses and other migrant workers arriving in Ireland from 2016. To do this, we need to cover web hosting & maintenance plus booklet printing costs.
- HELPING THE UNDOCUMENTED AND UNDERPRIVILEGED: We help unfairly treated Filipino migrant workers by working closely with the Migrant Rights Centre Ireland (MRCI) and the Philippine Labour Attache in London, as well as publishing life stories such as "Another Paperless Christmas: Jayson Montenegro's Tale of Two Worlds". These efforts require research, meetings, calls, and other administrative expenses.
- FILIPINO-IRISH CULTURAL PROGRAMME: We are seeking funding for a Filipino-Irish cultural programme to help Filipino youth migrants in Ireland in their cross-cultural transformation and their connection and involvement with the Philippine culture, giving form to their identity as Filipinos and as Irish. As the country’s future leaders, ENFiD-Ireland believes in honing their ambassadorial potential in promoting the Philippines while also promoting integration in Ireland. Its first project will be in partnership with the upcoming Filipino Centre for Culture and Arts in Cavan.
- CAVAN EASTER RISING CENTENARY PROGRAMME: We are participating in the Cavan Easter Rising Centenary Programme on 23 April 2016 where we will showcase Philippine national costumes, dances, cuisine, and crafts in an exhibition and parade under the theme “Around the World in 1916.” Preparation for the cultural performance and the creation of exhibition displays and parade embellishments will incur some costs.
- PHILIPPINE EMBASSY OUTREACH MISSIONS: ENFiD-Ireland, in partnership with the Philippine Embassy in London and the Philippine Honorary Consulate in Dublin, will be hosting the embassy's tri-annual outreach missions beginning April 2016. Since the Philippine Embassy in Dublin closed in 2012 and was since represented by an honorary consulate, over 12000 Filipino migrants rely on consular services and these three missions every year for their passport, visa, legalisation, citizenship, voting and other overseas Filipino national requirements. ENFiD-Ireland will provide the venue to facilitate these missions which will also conveniently bring together Filipino community organisations and businesses in Ireland.
THESE PROJECTS WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOUR HELP. YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL BE TRULY APPRECIATED.
T h a n k Y o u ! ! !