One of my middle schoolers told me today that his dog ate rat poison about a week ago. He called poison control and followed their instructions but they couldn't afford to take the puppy to the vet. He told me today that his puppy was really sick and bleeding from her mouth but he didn't know what to do about it. After visiting the dog after school with another coworker, we realized she really needed immediate medical attention. She is super sweet and still wanted lovins but she has lost a ton of blood over the last few days and was very pale and tired.
I promised my student I would try to help him save his puppy.
Zoey is currently at the Emergency Vet Clinic in Catonsville. It was the support and pledges from many friends and countless absolute strangers that gave me the push to admit this girl for treatment rather than euthanizing her this afternoon. She is receiving blood transfusions and Vitamin K as I type. I am super hopeful this girl can recover. She is only 7 months old and has a whole life to live!
Vet bills are already running high. I was given an estimate that started at $900.00 (that's the low end) and reaches as high as $2,000. If you can contribute, please help us get this girl healthy! If you can't contribute but would still like to help, please help us spread the word about Zoey!