Hi! I'm in need of a little financial assistance and compassion. I've been given a scholarship in the Ateneo but sadly, it is not enough to get me through another year. I would greatly appreciate your consideration and donation.
Greetings of Peace!
I am Xyver Supnet from BS Management from the Ateneo de Manila University and I applied for a scholarship in light of my family’s situation. I was granted a 50% scholarship in my second semester of freshman year, and I absolutely cannot express my gratitude that my application was accepted, especially since giving out mid year scholarships is rare.
Conversely, my family’s financial struggle still cannot pay the half of the tuition fee. Therefore, I express my deepest sorrow when I say that a 50% might not be enough. Last September, my father established an LPG gas station business. However, it hasn't found solid grounds on its marketing as it fluctuates often. Considering this, my family suffers more financial debt and is considering me to drop out from school to work instead. Every day after school, I work part time in the family company and at the same time as a tutor at Learning Partners inside Xavierville, but these jobs could not help me earn enough for my tuition fee. Aside from this, my friends and other generous people donated money to help me pay for my tuition fee. However, it is still not enough to pay the remaining amount.
I still want to finish my sophomore year in the Ateneo. I value the Ateneo education because it instilled upon me to be resilient. It also structured my attitude to be a man for others. To add to this, my parents trust the education the University can provide me. Because of this, my parents struggled for more than 9 years for me to stay in this school. I have been loyal to this University since elementary and now, College. In high school, I was very active in my sport, Judo, and I represented the school in UAAP. I was also part of the honorary roll every year during high school. During my stay in the Ateneo High School, I participated actively in a humanitarian org that is Usap-Kamay and a literary folio.
Now, in college, I am facing a lot of everyday financial and familial challenges that hinder me to be active in sports, organizations, and in my academics. I wish to partake in a lot of organizations and attain higher grades, but my work and debt pulls me to focus on paying them first rather than prioritizing my studies.
Again, I am thankful for the 50% scholarship given to me, but my financial struggles still cannot pay even half of the tuition fee. I have tried my best to compensate the expenses and debts, but I am forced to put my studies aside in order to do so. It would be very helpful if it would increase.
Thank you for taking the time to read this! I’m praying for your kindest response.
I'm currently on my first week in the Loyola Schools as a Sophomore and I'm loving it!
Hello everyone! Xyver here! I already talked to the Financial Aid Office and I am glad to say that they have granted me 75%. In addition to this, Ateneo Alumni had also reached out to me to cover the remaining 25%, effectively giving me a fully paid tuition! Thank you all so much for helping me in all possible ways- sharing my campaign, donating, and in believing in me. I will not put to waste the opportunity that you have given to me.
The money that I garnered throughout the campaign will be used to pay the remaining balance I have from my last semester. I have a balance of 23,000 php. I will use the remaining money for food, transportation and other expenses needed for school!
Again, thank you all so much. You all have changed my life forever.