€700.00raised of €1,500.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
As many of you know, I am a bit of a crazy cat lady on a mission to improve as many feline lives as I can, and that mission starts with limiting the overpopulation of strays. This year has been particularly challenging, as one female in my aunt's Sofia yard who was too young to get spayed last September had two litters (nine kittens) by the time I got here and almost died delivering the second one! On top of that, this year free/low-cost neuter/spay programs have been reduced (in Sofia) or eliminated altogether (in Sozopol) due to COVID!
At this time, I have already spent about half of the requested amount on the following:
- Paying for surgery to remove a dead unborn kitten and saving the life of the mama cat and her five newborns.
- Treating a bad eye infection and vaccinating a four-month-old.
- Neutering two young boys and a tom.
- Paying for surgery to repair the wounds on a young kitten mauled by an older tom
- Paying for the giardia treatment of a sick kitten belonging to an elderly neighbor without the means to pay for a vet (two of the neutered cats are also hers).
What remains to be done:
- Spaying three young females
- Neutering one tomcat if I can catch him
- Paying for the vaccination, microchipping, passport and travel of one cat whom I may have found a home for in Canada.
- Paying for the vaccination and microchipping and/or neutering of the five one-month-old kittens. (I am working with a rescue who will try to rehome them).
I am happy to put in the time and effort, and I have been paying out of pocket for years until now, but this year's cost is overwhelming. Any amount you can spare will help. Any funds raised over the requested amount will go to care for strays, either by saving for next year's vet costs or donating to a local rescue. Proof of expenses will be available on request.
- Evelyna Radoslavova
- Campaign Owner
What I have done and why I have extended the campaignUpdate posted by Evelyna Radoslavova at 10:42 pm
After recuperating from an intense couple of weeks in Sofia, I was finally able to tally up all that I have spent and done for "my" colony, and here is the final result: I have had my elderly neighbor's two cats fixed at my expense; caught, neutered and released four. . . . .