Hi everyone, my name is Abel. I was walking along a street about 5 years ago when I came across a guy savagely battering his girlfriend while his friends watched and cheered him on. I stepped in between them to try and stop him but the guy and his 2 friends then turned on me and literally beat me to a pulp. When another car stopped nearby they jumped into their car along with the woman who was being beaten and drove off and left me just lying there. To this day I have no idea what object they used to attack me because it was in the night but it felt like an iron bar of some kind. The man who had stopped his car took me to a public hospital as I did not have medical insurance. And to this day, no one has been held accountable because my assailants were never found.
During this incident I sustained a blowout fracture on my right orbit and a spiral fracture on my right lower leg leading me to stay in a cast for 6 months due to the nature of the fracture. My employment was subsequently terminated because I couldn’t continue to work as it took very long for my leg to heal. My leg did eventually heal but the same cannot be said about my orbit. The doctors did what they could with the few resources they had at their disposal and I am grateful that they did their very best.
I still need specialized reconstructive surgery in which doctors will need to;
- Repair the collapsed orbital floor and raise the eye to its normal position.
- Repair the fracture on the medial wall.
- Reconstruct the upper orbit and reposition my eyebrow to make it look more decent.
- Free the eye muscles from scar tissue so that my eyeball can regain full or at least some moderate movement. My eye is locked in fixed position with very minimal movement so I have constant double vision.
- Reopen the tubes that drain tears. Currently my eye is always teary and as such is in a constant burn by salty tears.
I have always felt I would one day raise the money needed for the surgery but I have now accepted that it is unlikely for me to do this on my own as the cost for this operation goes up every year, hence I am reaching out for some much needed help. Currently the total cost for this operation now stands at $28,000.00. Any donation will highly be appreciated and I will post pictures after the reconstructive surgery is completed and after the healing as well. Thanks in advance.