- I am a 71 year old Pensioner whose wife Marion is not able to work because of severe ulcerative colitis.
- I am partially brain disabled from a car accident 7 1/2 years ago and I also have a heart that is only working at 70 % efficiency. I suffer from high blood pressure, arrhythmia and unstable angina.
- We have been able to make our Medical Aid payments since marion lost her job in July through savings, which is now exhausted.
- The Medical Aid provides for a day to day savings plan to pay for Dr (GP and Specialist), Radiology, Pathology and acute medication. It also covers my Chronic Epilepsy, and Heart Medications. Without this private Medical Aid, we will be at the mercy of the State run Public Healthcare system, which is terribly inadequate.
- We are looking for total donations of (R42,000) over a 6 month period to pay our monthly Medical Aid premiums, which will allow my wife to seek the proper care she needs for her ulcerative colitis and can find a job where she can afford to pay for Medical Aid.
- We found out on 26, December, 2019 that Marion has Cataracts in both eyes and her corrected vision with glasses is only 70%, which means she will not be able to drive
- Your generosity would be most appreciated.
Sincerely, Michael W Ervin