Hi, my name is Wen and I'm creating this fundraiser for my husband.
For those who know me/us, you know that we have been a very close and loving couple for 18 years now, and been married for a decade. Last year, we were blessed by the arrival of our firstborn child, whom we love dearly. For almost year we lived the blissful life of new parents. But last November, everything suddenly changed and our lives turned upside down.
My husband had terrible insomnia for three nights. We moved in with my parents so I could still have help with childcare while he figured out what was wrong. We thought it would be temporary.
He went to see a doctor at the polyclinic, who referred him to a sleep clinic at CGH. This was in November 2017. The appointment they gave him was May 2018 - six months' wait. We were told there was no way to get a sooner appointment.
It has been almost 4 months, and my husband's insomnia has not gotten better. In fact he now also has panic attacks, and his worldview and personality has changed so drastically that he is almost like a different person.
I want him to seek immediate treatment for his condition, whatever it is, buf he has been very resistant, mainly on the grounds that we cannot afford the amount of money it would take to narrow down his condition and diagnose it. Already he is resistant to the idea of going to a private sleep clinic, which might have an earlier slot available.
My worry and sense of urgency is based on the possibility that there might be some neurological condition behind his insomnia and personality change. If so, I know that he needs immediate treatment. But if he won't even go to a private doctor, then we have no choice but to turn to fundraising as a means of persuading him that he can go seek treatment without it becoming a strain on our finances.
Our happy lives and future have been shattered. I fear for him every day, but I also hope that if he can just seek treatnent, we might be able to piece together our lives again. It may turn out that whatever he has cannot be treated, but even so, at least we have tried. I simply can't take any more of just standing by doing nothing. I don't think our marriage can last till May at this rate.
He has finally stated that if we could raise S $10,000, he would consider seeking treatment sooner. So please, if you can, help me persuade him to get treatment asap. I can't help but feel that this is very urgent. Our marriage, and our child's future, are at stake.
Thank you so much for reading this far, and thank you in advance for any help you can render. If you can't donate money, then drop us an encouraging and/or hopeful note. If you know of someone in a similar situation who successfully sought treatment, we would love to hear it.