Help us fund the international campaign “Another perspective on fishes”!
The campaign, which is an initiative from the non-profit organization PEA- Pour l'Égalité Animale (for animal equality), concerns sentient* aquatic animals (fishes, cephalopods and crustaceans) and asks for the end of their exploitation.
- Because fishes and aquatic invertebrates are never considered as individuals
- Because they are not protected
- Because fishes account for the overwhelming majority (95%) of the animals bred or captured by humans in order to be killed for their flesh. There are 47 fishes killed for every land animal slaughtered (even excluding cephalopods and crustaceans)
- Because their lives are largely unknown to the public and mostly ignored by animal rights campaigns
*Sentience is the capacity to have feelings, including perceptions, sensations and emotions (such as pleasure and pain). A sentient being has the capacity to feel, to think and to have a subjective mental life with desires, goals, a will of their own and individual interests.
Fishing and fish farming kills between 1,000 and 3,000 billions of animals every year, excluding hundreds of billions of octopuses and squids and even larger numbers of crabs and shrimps. This all happens in horrible conditions. Speaking out against this reality is urgent and important.
The campaign aims to:
- Raise public awareness about the lives of these animals which are routinely ignored : what they feel, what they like and what they do.
- Educate people about the consequences of fishing and fish farming from the point of view of the victims of such practices
- Condemn speciesism : we must take into consideration the fundamental interests of every sentient being.
What we will do with the money
The funds raised will allow us to finance one of the many aspects of our campaign (listed here) : the creation and dissemination of education and promotion material on an international scale. Here are a few examples:
- Creation of roll-ups, banners and protest signs in several languages.
- Printing several copies of our 12 panel travelling exhibition. The exhibition exists in nine languages and will be shown on many continents.
- Printing tens of thousands of leaflets translated in nine languages
Here is one of our banner models (157 x 39 inches)
Here are two of our twelve-panel travelling exhibition (31 x 47 inches)
To know more about the “Another perspective on fishes” campaign
Thank you for supporting our campaign!
- Everyone can decide to contribute as they see fit. Every dollar helps!
- All payments are secure.
- You do not need a PayPal account to pay via PayPal
Thank you so much for your support and your commitment on behalf of animals!