A Vet For The Island Dogs of Koh Payam / Koh Phayam Thailand & Future Vet Clinics to Sterillize All Homeless Animals !!!
All For Villages is registered in the United States as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in California
Koh Payam is an idyllic island in the Andaman Sea off the coast of Thailand. The sun is shining, the sea is blue but it is anything but a little piece of heaven for the dogs and cats who live on this little sliver of Thailand.
What we are DOING !!!!
- I (Fiona) have been volunteering since 2006; this is my life’s dream.
- We have been running a Sterilization program on the western coast of Thailand, mainly for dogs (but cats are not forgotten) since 2007.
- Over 800 animals have been sterilized thanks to volunteer national & International Vet Teams performing 5 day clinics here on Koh Payam since 2014
- Supporting locals with dog food & basic medicines; low season (with no tourists on the island) sees many dogs but not so many people who are financially able to feed & take care of them !!!
- Help educate locals & visitors to what is MOST needed to support the homeless beach & street dogs….
As there is no vet on the island any injured or sick dog has to be taken on a speedboat to the mainland town Ranong (45 minutes). This is NOT free so more often than not simply does not happen.
So the suffering goes on.
What we HOPE !!!
- Raise enough money to bring a Vet to the Island during the High Season (November to April)
- Raise enough money to run NON-SPONSORED Vet Clinic in November – a 5 DAY clinic costs approximately 150,000 Baht (US $4,500)
- Create a harmonious relationship between the local residents & animals of the island by having less unwanted puppies & kittens.
We look forward to the day when every Koh Payam animal, dog or cat, can live the idyllic island life free from pain and suffering.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our work. No matter how small, your donation helps us closer to our dream for the island animals.