Help to Rescue Street & Shelter Cats, Dogs and Wildlife
Hi to all golden hearted animal lovers of modern and democratic world,
My name is Mehmet (47) from Atakoy, Istanbul Turkey. Last year I have retired from professional business life and started make something entirely new and different.
I am voluntarily helping to rescue street cats, dogs and helping to feed garden hedgehogs, pigeons, sparrows and crows of Atakoy and also voluntarily helping to rescued shelter animals at Atakoy in order to secure their living conditions, by necessary food, medical help and their hopeful adaptation to forever families. (Shelter does not accept any more street animals because of the capacity limit)
In an ordinary day you may see me on the streets of Atakoy;
- While I am helping approximately 50 dogs for feeding, periodic medical controls and possible adaptations to their forever homes.
- While I am helping more than 200 cats (mostly kittens) for feeding, periodical medical controls and continuous adaptations.
- While I am helping more than 50 hedgehogs (mostly baby) for feeding and/or taking them to medical control if necessary.
- While I am feeding hundreds of pigeons, sparrows and crows and rescue them if necessary.
- While I am running a campaign to help our wonderful friends in Atakoy Rescued Animal Shelter in where there are more than 500 dogs & cats as you may see at photos.
Until June 2018 my pension fund’s monthly payment and contribution from friends & neighbors used to be enough to cover costs of all above. But economic crises hit the Turkey, Turkish lira has depreciated more than 50% against USD. Imported food prices and veterinary fees have risen up to 100% and continue to rise. Currently I need extra 300 USD daily / 2100 USD weekly for imported animal foods, daily fresh water, and periodic medical veterinary support and adaptation.
In order to raise weekly necessary fund to continue above activities of mine, I am starting to run this Help & Rescue campaign between golden hearted animal lovers. Every little help of yours will secure one life’s food, fresh water (Temp: 32c/ 90f), medical support and possible adaptation.
While helping to us (Rescued Animals), please write down your e-mail address so I can send photos about in where I have spent your valuable contribution. Moreover if you contribute one day’s needed amount, I will put your name to first baby or newly rescued animal and send photo with name tag to you.
Thank you very much in advanced and please do not hesitate to contact with me for any questions.