US$1,616.00raised of $5,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
For my birthday, I am collecting funds to support four Ukrainian refugees who are in Israel under the care of my friend Katya Gusarov. Alla and her daughter Lisa are staying with Katya in Modiin, and Serhyi and his father Volodomyr are living with a family in a settlement in the occupied territories.
I offered Katya to gather support to help these four people, for a number of reasons: Katya is a single mother who supports her mother and two children. Her salary at Yad Vashem is not very high. She put up Alla and Lisa (and thus lost her study, and thus the only place where she could think and write). Katya has also bought clothing for all four of them, and other things.
With any money I can collect, Alla, Lisa, Serhyi, and Volodomyr will be able to:
- first of all, buy clothing for the Israeli winter for all four of them
- reduce Alla's hours in the delicatessen where she works now, 11h a day. She is exhausted and dropped out of Hebrew classes at an ulpan. If she could reduce to 8h a day and 3 days a week, she could rest and attend language classes.
- Lisa started 8th grade, she is 13, and she needs a laptop
- Serhyi has cerebral palsy, he is on a wheel chair, and stuck in a settlement without good connection outside. It would be ideal to get him and his father a small apartment in Jerusalem, but probably we will not be able to get funds for that
- Serhyi, who is in IT, cannot work since he escaped with his smart phone only. He needs a laptop
I would really appreciate any donations that you can make - it will be the nicest thing for my 44th birthday. I was not able to link Katya's bank account directly, so it runs under my paypal. Thank you.
- Anna Hajkova
No updates for this campaign just yet