I have a VISION.
And I need your HELP.
Friends, I hope you spend a few minutes reading this.
I have been contemplating and praying hard whether or not to ask for help. But with all humility and courage, I want to share this vision with you and hope that we can all work together to make it a reality.
Last 2014, we started an initiative called Para Sa Sining. From fulfilling undergraduate requirements in class, the initiative grew to produce projects that gathered artists, enthusiasts, friends, people who simply want to share & celebrate art. Para Sa Sining was never just about “art for art’s sake.” As the years passed, we became witnesses of how art can bridge not just individuals but even communities. We continue to envision art as powerful tool in “creating a collaborative community,” that which rediscovers the Filipino identity, moves lives, and develops co-creators.
You can check the Para Sa Sining portfolio in this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByV2fUStcXnXeGdYZ...
Para Sa Sining exists not just for the programs that we currently produce: Katha, Sikuna, Hiraya and Salin. But we exist for the artists that we try to help in any possible way we can (production & stage management, volunteer mobilization, media partnerships, etc.). We exist for the community--- not just of artists, but of people. We exist for the recognition of talent, skill, capability, of possibility. We exist for the reawakening of the creative and collaborative spirit!
This June 2017, we have the opportunity to share Para Sa Sining in the 12th Arts and Society Conference in France, and the 14th AIMAC International Conference on Arts and Cultural Management in Beijing. This is through sharing our organization practices through a research paper entitled, Pioneering Collaborative Arts in the Philippines through Kapwa Psychology.
WHY DO WE WANT TO SHARE OUR STORY?
- to INSTILL, REAWAKEN AND STRENGTHEN THE CULTURE OF PAKIKIPAGKAPWA-TAO through discourse on collaborative art practices within the Filipino community and also among other cultures
- to LEARN MORE from different perspectives and allow CONSTANT CULTIVATION OF THE COMMUNITY we are trying to build & promote. Because through sharing, we are also learning.
- to GROW AND EXPAND the community we are trying to build through intercultural knowledge-sharing and future collaborations
- to REPRESENT the Philippines in global platforms of discourse and show that our country can CONTRIBUTE through research, analysis, and knowledge-sharing
HOW DO WE GET THERE?
The conferences will NOT shoulder any cost. So we need to raise about 400,000 Php which would pay for conference fees, visa fees, transportation, accommodation and food.
As of this date, we have not secured any plane ticket, visa, conference fees. All of which increases its price as the conference draws near. Hence, we only have an estimated total amount to cover all costs.
Hopefully, we get to raise the funds we need to participate in the conferences scheduled on June 14-16, 2017 in France and June 24-28 in Beijing.
*Should we exceed the financial goal, all donated funds will be reallocated to Para Sa Sining programs.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
You can donate in any amount through this fundraising campaign. I can not really offer much so I put some 'rewards' corresponding to donations, only from what I can give as of the moment... artworks, management services...
Also, Para Sa Sining will have fundraising events coming up which you can support. While the priority for these events is to raise funds for the Hiraya Collaborative Arts Education Program where we teach kids in Mt. Pulag, Benguet and Sison, Pangasinan, ONLY A PORTION will be allotted to support my representation to the said conferences. Please see the following event details:
1. SIKUNA Collaborative Arts Festival – this is the culminating festival of Para Sa Sining which is a celebration of all art forms. There will be performances, open jams, workshops, talks, tours, among other activities.
When: May 13, Saturday
Where: Baluarte de San Diego, Intramuros
Ticket Price: 495 Php (Early Bird), 649 Php (Regular Rate)
You may check event details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1323820757711994/
2. BENEFIT DINNER - a simple gathering where there will be a Para Sa Sining keynote presentation to discuss and explain the vision of the organization and the work that we do. There will also be some performances.
When: May 17, Wednesday
Further details to be announced soon.
Although I will be representing the organization in the conferences, Para Sa Sining WILL NOT and IS NOT ABLE to fully fund my participation in the conferences. Again, only a portion from these events will go to the funds to be used in the conference. So I am led to start this personal fundraising campaign.
YOU CAN HELP THROUGH:
1. BUYING. For the next few weeks, I will be creating and selling some art projects in the form of photographs, postcards, paintings, etc. I will be posting an album of items on sale. Here's the link to the album: https://www.facebook.com/micahpinto/media_set…
2. DONATING / HIRING. You may donate and extend financial help. In exchange, I can provide service through event management, consultation, production management, project planning. Negotiations and arrangements can be made.
3. SUGGESTING / REFERRING. If you know of any grant program, companies who are willing to sponsor, institutions. Please let me know.
If I have helped you in any way, or if Para Sa Sining has helped or inspired you in any way, please share this post. Please allow us to continue the work that we do--- helping, serving, inspiring.
Nakaka-excite ikwento ang pakikipagkapwa-tao at bayanihan sa mundo, sa pagkwento ko rin kung paano tayo nagtulungan para buhayin ang pangarap na ito! <3
Ngayon pa lang, maraming salamat sa lahat ng tulong niyo!
Para Sa Sining, Para Sa Bayan, Para Sa Dakilang Lumikha!
Please e-mail me at [email protected] for questions, comments, clarifications, suggestions. You may also contact me via +63917 513 6604.
For cash donations you can also deposit directly to:
PARA SA SINING COLLABORATORY INC.
BDO Savings Account