HELP THE FORGOTTEN SURVIVORS OF LOMBOK EARTHQUAKE:
Housing Reconstruction & Post-Traumatic Mental Health Relief Intervention for Kids
We need you!
Please Donate and/or Spread the Word.
Since the beginning of August, Lombok was struck by an unprecedented series of powerful cascading earthquakes in a span of three weeks. After the most recent Lombok earthquake sequence, which had shocks of magnitude 6.4, 6.9, 6.3 and 6.9, an approximate of 500 people were killed, another 1600 injured and a tremendous amount material damages have rocked the Indonesian island.
On the 7th of November, the International Organisation for Migration reported that after the last series of above 6 Richter Scale earthquake hit the Island of Lombok and Sumbawa, approximately 124,144 people whose houses were damaged or who were alert with the impact of earthquake still live collectively in several Displacement Camps (DC).
Due to the recent earthquake and tsunami that hit Sulawesi, governmental and military support on ground have mostly vacated Lombok to help Palu and Donggala. Consequently, leaving the relief and reconstruction work to NGO’s and Grass root interventions.
Although a small part of Lombok population is starting to receive building material for the reconstruction of their household, much of the DC dwellers are left to their own, they cannot afford to pay for the material and labour required to rebuild their home.
Furthermore, it is the start of the rain season; this DC are starting to get flooded, increasing sanitary risks and intensifying psychological stress bestowed upon this already traumatise population.
Who are we and where do we work?
We are a small team of independent helpers, composed of locals and foreigners with various skillsets.
We are operating along the northern cost of Lombok, part of our local team members reside in Mataram, while the rest of us are based around Pamenang (the two location with the highest concentration of DC).
What we do and want to achieve?
- Offering our free labour
- Financially supporting the most helpless (Building materials, Nutrition and Health care)
- Establishing sustainable mental health support plan in schools (providing basic PTSD screening and relief training to teachers and parents, organising hands on art activities and therapy within the DC)
- Organising bigger Fundraising campaigns (such as celebrity fundraiser, concert tour to reach out to a wider public)
- Networking with the other independent helpers and organisations on the ground
Where does your money goes?
All the collected funds are allocated to the interventions listed above.
They will be used in priority for:
- The logistic needs of our team members (transport, tools and building and art supplies, hiring local professionals)
- The direct distribution of food, and monetary support for medical consultations and medicines to the DC dwellers in needs.
Depending of your generosity we might be able to:
- Support and integrate more Helpers
- Expand our media outreach and promotional strategy
Any kind of support will help make a difference, either by DONATING, SHARING our story and link to this GoGetFunding platform in your social media networks and E-mail contact list.
If you are interested in JOINING our team please don’t hesitate to make contact, tell us what you can do and which part of this project do you want to take part in, from social media savy to medical professional to builders all your skills are as much needed than welcome.
On behalf of the Lombok population and our team: Thank you
If you want to know more about the situation in Lombok here are a few sources :