" We can't reverse what's happening in Syria but we can change how the story ends."
Through Involvement Volunteers International I am working with a team of beautiful souls - Doctors, Nutritionists, Naturopaths and Nurses to assist Refugees on a Malnutrition project and urgently seeking donations to be able to support 1400 families by providing a Grocery Bag full of Nourishing food and basic supplies.
I need YOU to help me achieve this...
Each $50 bag will be comprised of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables, whole grains, seeds and Nappies and will be given out at the Refugee camps surrounding Athens and Chios, the Entry point into Greece.
Ever since I was a little girl I knew sitting in the back of the church when the Pastor would tell stories of his Misionary work to the Philippines that I was destined to do something similar one day. Spending time travelling and Volunteering in India and Fiji strengthened my passion and has led me to this project in Greece where 62,000 Refugees are currently stranded. I have never been more determined than anything in my life and now more than ever we really need to help.
The Refugee camps are going to be intense, overcrowded and confronting and will be seeing cases of Malnutrition, trauma and disease.
How will our Health and a Medical team help?
The work our project will include:
* Providing support to Malnourished Pregnant and breastfeeding Women and encouraging Breastfeeding to reduce Infant Mortality rates
* Provide Health Checks and First Aid for incoming Refugees
* Distributing high quality Nutritional Supplements that have been kindly donated by Bioceuticals, Biomedica and Blackmores (thank you )
* Running Exercise and Yoga workshops to increase a sense of Wellbeing in the camps
* Counselling and supporting Women and Children who have experienced Trauma at the Safe Women's and Children's Safe spaces (Tents)
Please help me in rebuilding the lives of Refugees By donating a $50 Shopping bag. I will send photo updates of your donation given to a Refugee family to show how you have helped directly.
With so much thanks, Lauren
To follow my work please go here: