We are a Community Association of Talisay City, Cebu named LETMUA (Letmon-Mahayahay Urbanpoor Association). A group of 130 informal settlers from Mahayahay Poblacion and Letmon Dumlog, Talisay City, Cebu reunite to build one LETMUA. A registered Associaton of Presidential Commission for the Urban Poor & Federation of Talisay City Urban Dwellers Association last September 2016.
To Feed the Children's including the Malnourished Kids and to assist their needs for their studies like providing bags, Notebooks, Papers, Ballpens & Pencils.
We, the LETMUA Officers lead by our President Rinalyn Banogbanog trying to negotiate the landowners of the Informal Settlers of Mahayahay, Poblacion area, and we are thankful that the landowners are willing to sell their Property (Land) to LETMUA. But the problem is, our Association was organized last February 10, 2016 and has LACK of Funds to pay even the EQUITY of the Land.
Providing Homes, Not totally the expenses for whole House but we need to provide them materials to construct the their Houses such as Woods, Nails, Roofs and etc.
Giving Livelihood to the Members of LETMUA. We are planning to have a Multi-Purpose Cooperative soon.
1. To Provide Optimum Social & Economic Benefits to its member.
2. To teach them efficient ways of doing things in a cooperative manner.
3. To allow the lower income and less privileged groups to increase their ownership in the wealth of the nation.
4. To cooperate with the government, other cooperatives and people-oriented organizations to further the attainment of any of the foregoing objectives;
5. To promote and advance the economic and educational status of the members;
6. To encourage and promote self-help or self-employment as an engine for economic growth and poverty alleviation; and
7. To adopt other plans as may help foster the welfare of the members, their families and the community.
HOPE YOU WILL HELP & SUPPORT LETMUA to Reduce the number of Informal Settlers in the Philippines specially in Talisay City, Cebu.
Thank you very much!!!