The time has finally arrived! After 30 years of making jams and jellies and gifting them to our customers, friends and family, we're starting Aunt Julie's Jams & Jellies! This comes after several requests from those gifted, to buy more from us. In order to sell it, though, we have to be in business, and we need funding to start the business.
The funds are for:
- Licenses and permits
- Commercial kitchen rental
- Jars and labels for initial inventory.
- Fruit and other ingredients for initial inventory.
- Logo design
- Computers and inventory software
- Miscellaneous supplies (hair nets, gloves, etc.
We're not sure what sets our jams and jellies apart, unless it's the love we put into them. We have unique flavors and combinations (different fruits as well as fruits with spices or flavorings) as well as pure fruit. We only use fresh or (rarely) fresh-frozen fruit. Most of the fruit is purchased from local farms. Here is a list of some of our more popular jams and jellies:
- Banana Mango Coconut Jam
- Pomegranate Jelly
- Persimmon Jam
- Mango-Mango Jam
- Just Peachy Jam
- Strawberry Champagne Jam
- Sparkling Strawberry (with sparkling cider)
- Cherries Jubilee (with brandy) Jam
- Brandied Plum (jam and jelly)
- Pineapple Banana Jam
- Blackberry (jam and jelly)
- Raspberry (jam and jelly)
- Apricot Jam
- Apple Jelly
- Private Reserve Grape Jelly
- Private Reserve Plum Jelly
- Pluot Jam
- Pear Jam (several varieties including Comice and French Butter)
- Seckel-tacular (Pear) Jam
- Plum Cooking Jelly (infused with real garlic)
- Orange Jam
- and who knows what others we'll come up with!
Our plans are to sell in sample (2-oz), small (4-oz) and regular (8-oz or half-pint) sizes. We will also offer "flights" of jam and jelly, which will be four-five samples of different flavors in one package. We will sell primarily through our website and wholesale, with a few sales to individual clients.
We will develop a jam & jelly club within the first year of business. Members.will receive one jar each quarter with the option to purchase more at 10% off. The second year we will offer personalized labels to companies that want to gift their clients as well as individuals who want to gift their friends and families. Also in the second or third year we will offer to produce jams and jellies for farmers and vintners that they can sell with their labels.
We’re excited about this adventure and hope you’ll come along for the ride!