HOW YOU CAN HELP
While we continue to do the work, the current amount of donations and volunteers are not sufficient to carry the load and, after 20+ years of dedication, there is a RISK OF US CLOSING DOWN!
JFF has assisted thousands of felines and people over the years and, now, it's time to ask you, our fellow JFF ‘ohana, for your kokua (help). The cats are still here and they still need the food and the care.
Please make a donation today, small or large, to ensure that Joey's Feline Friends can continue its longstanding work and dedication for the felines. The bottom line: in order for US, and the cats to survive, we need more pledges of financial support.
Joey’s Feline Friends (JFF) is a 501(3)(c) non-profit, no-kill shelter and rescue organization dedicated to the care of abused, abandoned, and physically-challenged cats and kittens on the island of O‘ahu, Hawai‘i (Tax ID #99-0339218).
Since our inception, we have adopted out several hundred felines annually (to all islands in Hawai‘i, except Ni‘ihau), provided shelter to over 3,000, and services to 3,500. JFF has provided high-quality, compassionate care for hundreds of terminally ill felines and facilitated numerous spay/neuter services for colony and shelter cats. In addition, we have assisted in local rescues and provided consultation on a wide variety of feline issues.
Currently, there are over 200-300+ felines of all colors, ages, and personalities at our shelter who are looking to be adopted into responsible, loving, "furr-ever" homes. The average monthly cost to feed, shelter, and care for a single JFF cat: $35+ (not including any medical complications that may arise).
As a privately-owned and operated entity, we greatly rely on donations to help cover the care and needs of all of our wonderful felines (food, litter, medical bills, etc.). Any and all donations are always very much appreciated & tax-deductible!
In recent years, we have experienced a dramatic surge in our shelter population due to previously adopted kittens and cats being returned to us or via the Hawaiian Humane Society, abandoned, or passed along to someone else. We aren't currently accepting any new intakes, but we receive a number of "returnees" every week.
With this rise in our shelter population, JFF has seen an alarming increase in our workload and monthly expenses --- medical needs erupt for many of the returns, which leads to an increase in our vet bill, food bill, and so forth. Our vet bill alone averages $4,000 - $5,000 per month and is currently at $12,000!
At the same time, the problem has been compounded by the loss of several longtime, generous donors in recent years.
OTHER WAYS TO KOKUA (HELP)
1) You can also mail your tax-deductible donation via check, money order, and/or Costco gift card to:
Joey's Feline Friends
47-591 Halemanu St.
K?ne‘ohe, HI 96744
2) We accept one-time and monthly recurring donations via PayPal. Please visit http://www.joeysfelinefriends.com and click on the "Subscribe" button on the right side of the page. It's fast, easy, and - if you sign up for monthly donations - it gets deducted out of your checking or savings account automatically!
3) Help us foster kittens and cats! JFF is always in need of short and long-term foster homes for our newborn/infant kittens, kittens, adolescents, and adult cats!
4) Volunteer at our shelter! We welcome individuals/groups who want to come volunteer at the shelter to help clean, feed/water, and play/socialize with our numerous feline residents! Due to the design of the shelter, individuals/groups must be able to walk up and down stairs.
6) Use GoodSearch.com as your online search engine! It's fast, free, and when you select JFF as your cause, each online search you complete results in a small donation to JFF!
7) JFF has an Amazon.com Wish List of food and supplies:
8) Consider donating your new to gently-used jewelry, clothing, accessories and/or housewares to be sold at upcoming JFF events! All donations are tax-deductible! (Due to space restrictions, JFF is unable to accept any appliances, computers, furniture, and other bulky items).
9) Starrlight Jewelry, a huge JFF supporter, will be setting up a booth at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet on Sat., July 6, 2013 from 8 am - 2 pm. She'll be selling a plethora of items ranging from jewelry (earrings, necklaces, hair pins, etc.) to clothing/accessories and housewares. Stop by to browse our treasure trove! For more info, go here: