My wife and I knew that we're having twins since early stage of pregnancy. Our OB Gyne doctor explained that the type of twin pregnancy is Monoamniotic-Monochorionic and is susceptible to complications which we hope and prayed would not happen.
Despite of all precautionary measures and almost bi-weekly medical check up, my wife suddenly experienced abdominal hardening and the twins were not moving on her 8th month gestation (February 10, 2021). These prompt us to inform our OB Gyne doctor who happened to be having clinic in another private hospital.
Her blood pressure was also monitored as it was so alarmingly perking up every time they checked. Worried to risk of loosing thier lives, we decided not to transfer to another hospital.
Emergency Caesarian Section was done same day later. But because they're premature babies, Saoirse Baby B which was born small in size (2.5 lbs) and was diagnose with Coarctation of the Aorta and the other baby is Sophie Baby A (4.8 lbs) which we are glad she only had minor complications, they're staying at the NEONATAL ICU for bolus medications with life saving support machines attached.
We were informed recently by the hospital that our hospital bill is higher than our deposit, the 2 babies will be placed under cash basis or what they call red tag patients. I begged for the hospital not to stop the life saving medications for our babies but I was just casually told that it is hospital policy. I felt crushed and very saddened by this policy.
Honestly, what we have and the efforts we've made were not enough to sustain the high demand of costly medications required.
My wife was discharged ahead of time so that we could cut the cost. She was discharged with high hopes that by doing so, it can add to our twins' fund for treatment instead. A noble gesture every mother can do for the sake of her children to survive.
The twins, however, still has to stay at the NICU for treatment and management due to:
*They're born premature. *Congenital Heart Problem. Coarctation of the Aorta.
As per Pedia Cardiologist's advise, Twin B (Saoirse) needs to be stabilized, has to gain more weight and strength. From their, re-assessment and pertinent blood works will be done again to see if she will be fit for early heart surgery. Still a long way travel. We're hoping and praying she'll overpass them all.
We're honestly and pervently praying that kind hearted souls will hear our silent cry and extend their helping hands for our babies. With bended knees, we're asking for any voluntary help or to beg if needed.
Please help us in any way you wholeheartedly and voluntarily can share. With HUMILITY, we do thank you in advance and our whole family will forever be thankful. We'll always look at it as our LIFETIME DEBT of GRATITUDE to everyone. With HIS blessings & grace, the VOLUNTARY FINANCIAL SUPPORT and ASSISTANCE we can gather will not only ease our pains looking at the twins in their struggles but MOSTLY, in helping to SAVE the LIVES of:
SOPHIE and SAOIRSE
May our Almighty, heal them.
Thank you, everyone.