At some of point of our childhood days as an Ormocanon, the Children's Paradise across the Sts. Peter and Paul Parish church wias a place where we played freely and safely with family and friends, sat on the benches for chika-chika, learned how to use the skateboard or roller skates, played hide and seek, and much more. The use of the Children's paradise even extended to teenagers and young adults since they also used is as a place for dating. As time passed and with no maintenance budget, the condition of the park has started to deteriorate. More so, after the tyhoon Yolanda, the park was even more ruined. It was no longer called the "Children's Paradise" due to its dilapidated state.
Early this year, the Sts Peter and Paul Parish initiated the project of the restoration, upgrading and beautification of the Children's Paradise of Ormoc City. The items and its estimated prices that are needed for this project are as follows:
- Outdoor Play set Php 1,220,100.00
- Walkway (Paving Block system ) 675,000.00
- Perimeter Fence: Grillworks (41 units x 2,500) 220,000.00
- Softscape 135,298.80
- Provision of Street Lamp (24 units x 5,000) 120,000.00
- Gate (3 units x 35,000) 105,000.00
- Ashlar Stine Cladding @Round (Monument) 100,000.00
- Concrete Fence Post (40 units x 2,500) 100,000.00
- Concrete Park Bench (26 units x 3,076) 80,000.00
- Electrical Wiring (Lumpsum) 80,000.00
- Monument (Sacred Heart Refurbishing) 25,000.00
- Existing Concrete Outdoor Playset 22,000.00
- Water Sprinkler 20,000.00
- Outdii Garbage Bin (8 units) 20,000.00
- Half-Round Concrete Bench (2 units x 9,000) 18,000.00
- Monument (Electrical) 18,000.00
- Direct Lighting @ Monument 15,000.00
Total Cost 2,973,398.80
Contingencies: 5% of Total Cost 10,000
TOTAL ESTIMATED PROJECT COST: 3,073,398.80
Please note that the items listed are the materials needed for this project. This does not include the salary of the labor workers and other miscellaneous items.
This project has started already (as of launching this fundraising) and the Sts Peter and Paul Parish are continually seeking for donors to help this project a reality. This project will definitely bring back a better and safer place for children and their families in Ormoc City to play and hang out. The park will be able to uphold the name "Children's paradise".
For more details, please visit the parish office in Aviles St, Ormoc City and look for Fr. Gani. Thank you very much for your support. May God bless you a thousand fold for your generosity.