My name is Christian S. Tshabalala and I’m currently raising money for the project I started 7 years ago which aims at preventing and fighting scammers, rapists and human traffickers who exploits graduates on the internet and also helping disadvantage youth who can’t afford necessary money to search for employment daily. I’m thrilled to welcome you inside to view my proposal. Please go through it, and feel my pain.
Back in 2008 I was an unemployed IT graduate looking for a job. Back then in South Africa, the popular way to access information about jobs was through print publications. There were two popular print publishers who provide information about jobs which are City Press (Work-place) and Job-mail. Unlike City Press which provides the news and only publishes jobs on Wednesdays, Job Mail was dedicated to providing information about jobs. I often spent time purchasing Job-Mail and little did I know most of the jobs I qualified for and applied for were scams. The popular scam back then was 086 scam, where job seeking candidates would be asked to apply using the 086 fax number. The fax number is set up to rack up charges higher than the standard rates. So, once a job seeker sends their application to this fake job ad they will be charged on their phone bill at a very high rate. There were hundreds of 086 scams and some scammers would send me an email and say I qualify for a job and that I should call them back for an interview and when I call, the number in question will just confuse me so that I can keep calling. The more I call the more profit gained. Being someone who comes from humble beginnings and with those challenges I struggled to find a job and there are many graduates today who are still experiencing the same situation.
In 2009, I was in the taxi traveling 46 KM to Johannesburg and the taxi driver switched on the radio and I was listening. They were discussing poverty and the challenges the youth of South Africa are facing. Lines were opened and people started calling and various anonymous raped victims came forward opening up about rapists who use the job search platforms to target them on the internet. Some parents also called in seeking help to help them find their kids who never returned home after they went to job interviews. Ever since I heard those sad stories on that day I never looked back and I told myself that I am going to dedicate myself to help high school and tertiary graduates against injustice in the job search market. I started doing research and during the research a friend of mine Seth who is a Clerk in one of the South African Police stations referred me to a Police Officer who deals with sexual offences. The Police Officer opened my mind to a new world I was not exposed to, I learned how:
- Rapists trap women using job advertisements
- Human traffickers are using the same method rapists are using to attract men and women (youth in particular) so that they can kidnap them and be used for various tasks such as Sex slavery‚ forced servile marriage,drug trade and hard labour.
Later the following year, I registered a company called Eye To Success Agency in 2010 which is a non profit organization which is playing a monumental role in providing job search skills, information about available job opportunities, and in preventing scammers, rapist and human traffickers who are targeting the job search market. The Eye To Success advent has now become a national movement with grassroots success in all 9 South African provinces in taking a stand against injustice in the job search market. Eye To Success has helped hundreds of people. In December 2016 until May 2017 I received over 358 testimonials of candidates who managed to get jobs using the Eye To Success Job Search Forum, and this proves that Eye to Success is the great asset to the South African graduates and students.
The Eye to Success experience is unlike that of any other job publishers or career portals or job boards. Eye To Success focus on consolidating all available job opportunities suitable for high school and tertiary graduates and students by gathering information from a vast multitude of employers and employment websites so that Eye To Success followers:
- Will not be exposed to false job advertisements,
- Will not fail due to lack of funds to access information about career opportunities
- Will not miss out on great opportunities.
Eye To Success followers also receive tips on how to create customized CV and Cover letter, win job interviews, apply for speculative job application, including templates plus free comprehensive Digital Job Search Guide/Book created by Eye To Success. Jobs are published on the easy to navigate PDF web base file so that the file can be downloadable, shared and go viral on the social Media like Whatsapp and email. I have setup Email and Whatsapp support system for communication with job seeking candidates when they need assistance and advises and later in May this year I am planning to add the blog where I will be able to communicate with Facebook fans. Click on the link to see a preview of how I share jobs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dRzyB54cQe6oRHG9J...
Through tools such as Datafilehost filesharing, Google drive and Eye to Success subscribers via email and WhatsApp, and my smart way to build up 2000 of new audience daily, Eye To Success delivered more than 62 thousands downloads a day just only on Datafilehost last year 10 January 2017 to more than 200 thousands on 01 April 2017. (see screen-shots below)
I wish to continue making a positive impact in people’s lives but recently it’s been hard to help people effectively because of various reasons:
- Time took it’s toll and now the laptop and cell phone I was using died. I am now using the PC I was using back in tertiary, and the work which should be done in 8 hours takes me longer to complete because it's very slow. A friend of mine who believes in me and support my project was kind enough to take a cell phone contract on my behalf which I cannot even afford to pay at the moment.
- Eye To Success website was suspended due to failure to renew the contract. see: www.eyetosuccess.co.za
- Over the past few years I was able to finance this project with the income I gained from some of the clients I design logos and websites for and also from an income I gain for displaying consumer survey affiliate advertisement on the job alert file. I have also being lucky to receive contributions from family and friends. As a designer I need enough time to think creatively and get new clients... It was manageable in the beginning to do both but as Eye To Success fan base grew bigger, there was not enough time to do both. Again, in order for me to generate slightly enough income to support Eye To Success with the money earned from consumer survey I was required to promote the survey in a crazy way because there are only few people who would want to participate in a survey, I hardly had an hour to spend with family and friends. The one thing I love doing and passionate about became a prison, I permanently disconnected with the world for full four years.
I invite you to help me and partner with me so that I can continue making a difference by donating money to cover the following:
- I’m currently running a campaign to raise start up costs for a car wash and fundraising, as well as to cover items such as website set up, domain registration, equipment purchases, and advertising.
- The car wash and the way in which I will be raising funds will continue to grow over time and the interest I earn can be used in areas where it is most needed. This means regular donations earned from car wash and fundraising will make a difference to career coaching and research excellence, buying office tools, hiring staff, improving the Eye To Success platform, and getting corporate sponsorship.
The unemployed rate is sitting at 15 428 900 in South Africa and this creates desperation to find a job. Predators know about this and they use it to their advantage. I wish to continue being that guy who stand in the way of those predators and I have done a great job so far over the past 7 years, working hard looking for best ways to help the youth.
- I have compiled three versions of job search guides so that graduates can learn how to find jobs in South Africa (see guides covers below),
- I have mastered how to access information about job opportunities for graduates,
- I have mastered how to find relevant candidates and spread information.
- I have become an expect in this field beyond reasonable doubt, and it is aligned with my highest values because naturally I am a humanitarian.
There are so many ideas I wish to put in action, to make information more accessible, to enlighten the youth about other survival tactics beside looking for work but I cannot do it on my own. Please join me by helping me raise the minimum amount in question to get started so that I can continue helping those in need.
Thank you for reading and thank you in advance for your kind contribution,
Christian Sthembiso Tshabalala
" Evil prevails when good men fail to act." ~ Edmund Burke
" The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but those who watch them without doing anything." ~ Albert Einstein