I've been met with a string of bad luck since November last year and right now, I'm trying to get back on my feet. Here's what happened:
- Found a job in November
- All this time I had a boil on my back, but didn't think to have it looked at because I thought it was just a pimple. And I wanted to save on medical costs...
- On the second day before I could get to work, the boil "ruptured" overnight and I woke with excruciating pain... went to the clinic and was told to check myself into Accident and Emergency at the nearest hospital because it was a growth that needed to be removed - surgically - and fast. That it could not wait because toxins could enter my bloodstream, compounding the pain and infection
- So I did and scheduled an operation the next day
- Location of this particular wound made it impossible for me to self-care (right in the middle of my back, unreachable) so I had to have my dressing changed every two days at the polyclinic (more costs, $12 per trip)
- Unfortunate timing of this at the start of a new job and 14 days of hospitalization leave meant my boss rescinded the offer
- Yes I know, I did not sign the letter of employment, we were supposed to do it on the second day and this happened...
- I'm still looking for work and in the process of applying for assistance but I'm really starting to break
- Then I was hit by food allergy during the Lunar New Year period, the sheer misery of breaking out with skin rashes all over my body without having the funds to see a doctor was indescribable
I'm still in the process of looking for work right now but costs are extremely difficult to manage because the surgery in November wiped out the little savings I had. Since I'm alone with no family and relatives have dropped out of the radar, I'm setting up a go fund me page.
I wonder if I can go back to the time three years ago when this picture was taken. Life seemed happier back then. Now, it's a nightmare and a cycle of defeat.
I was asked to share some information about my personal history. People are curious, doesn't she have family that could help? As a matter of fact, I don't. My parents have both passed away. And the only elder sibling I have was estranged from us years before my parents passed. We've since lost touch and I do not see a scenario where she would help.