SG$7,490.00raised of SG$10,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
THANK YOU for visiting our Young Lions Go Get funding page.
We are the Singapore Mens Under 20s Touch Football Team, and are incredibly proud to have been selected to represent Singapore at the upcoming Youth Touch World Cup in Malaysia in August 2018. Last conducted in 2005, the Youth Touch World Cup provides a pathway to Open representation for the young elite of our sport.
Following a competitive series of selections at the end of 2017, we have come together from our different Clubs, Schools, and Family homes across Singapore to train & play as The Young Lions. Our passion for Touch has brought us together, and together as a team we want to fulfil our goal to represent our country.
WHY "Go Get Funding?"
Participation at the Youth Touch World Cup is entirely player funded, and costs to participate are high, at approximately $2,000 per player (SGD). Due to the these high participation costs we are looking for ANY financial support to help us achieve our World Cup dream that we have trained so hard for.
We are all incredibly grateful for all & any donations to help reduce the financial burden.
HOW WILL YOUR KIND DONATION HELP?
Your kind donation will assist with our major expenses:
1) Travel and Accommodation.
2) Entry fee and uniform.
3) F&B, Equipment & medical needs.
TEN TOUCH FUN FACTS
- Touch is also known as Touch Football or Touch Rugby
- Touch is derived from Rugby league which use a form of Touch for training purposes.
- Touch is a thrilling sport that allows people of all walks of life to achieve their goals; whether that is the thrill of challenging oneself to compete at their best, the thrill of a fast, skilful and exhilarating sport, the thrill of meeting new people, or the thrill of being a part of something that can span a lifetime.
- Everyone can play Touch - it is one of the rare collective sports that girls, boys, women and men, can enjoy together and against each other, with Mixed competitions making Touch very popular for every age category.
- A Lifetime of Sport for All - Touch can be taken up by children as young as four or five, and allows participants to continue playing well into their senior years.
- Playing together - A truly community sport. Friends, colleagues, parents/children & family members, or any group of people can simply play together.
- Inclusive Sport. Everyone can play Touch, the sport is accessible, easy to learn and great to share, you will understand the basics in no time and enjoy playing with your teammates no matter what everyone’s experience or skills level is.
- Over 50 countries around the world play touch football in major competitions.
- Within the objective of global sport development the Federation of International Touch encourages, coordinates and regulates the conduct of international competitions.
- The first Touch World Cup tournament was held in Australia in 1988.
Any donation will help.
With your support we will represent Singapore proudly #YoungLionsRoar
- Sophie Ann Mirosevic Sorgo
- Campaign Owner
Less than a week to go!!!!!Update posted by Sophie Ann Mirosevic Sorgo at 12:01 pm
Our supporters are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!Less than a week to go & the support and donations keep flooding in.It is difficult to put in words what this means to us all as a team, but I hope that you can see from the players comments on this site how much of a
Thank you to all who believe in us, we dare to dream & have increased our Donation TargetUpdate posted by Sophie Ann Mirosevic Sorgo at 05:32 am
Firstly, THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH to all of our incredibly kind & generous sponsors, we could not do this without you. We truly are overwhelmed by the support shown by family, friends, and supporters. Knowing that there are so many others believing & supporting our dream, and joining. . . . .
#younglionsroar at NTU Touch AttackUpdate posted by Sophie Ann Mirosevic Sorgo at 02:58 am
Our players played in several teams & categories in this tournament, with the added excitement here of a "drop-off" format in every game.GAME FORMAT: Drop off style. Each game is 8 mins, and each team starts with 6 players. After 2 mins there is a drop-off to 5 players per. . . . .
Tuesday 17th. Heads Shoulders Knees & grab the cone!Update posted by Sophie Ann Mirosevic Sorgo at 06:36 am
An additional warm-up exercise tonight led by Coach Khai, competition levels remain high!
Saturday 7th July - Out of the Box Fitness sessionUpdate posted by Sophie Ann Mirosevic Sorgo at 07:05 am
Thurs 5th July Training with Singapore Men`s Open and Men`s 30`sUpdate posted by Sophie Ann Mirosevic Sorgo at 05:48 am
A great training session with games against the Singapore Men`s Open, and Men`s 30s National squads as part of our final preparations for the Youth Touch World Cup next month. Thank you guys#younglionsroar #touchfootball #touchrugby #ytwc2018