The most magical part of the year is coming! While most of us will be celebrating winter holidays with our families, we need to remember those who deserve to feel the winter magic the most yet have no one to share this feeling with...
First, let me tell you why this campaign is so important for me personally. My best friend Irina spent most of her childhood in the Orphanage #9 in Moscow. She was adopted at the age of 14 and was sent to my middle school. It took time for us to connect, but the closer we became, the more she shared about her childhood. Being a kid myself, I knew I couldn't help children in need by donating money I didn't have, so Irina and I started visiting orphanages for different occasions and simply showing children that there is someone in this world who cares, who wants to make friends with them, who wants to share their pain and their happiness. Later we started raising money and organizing school trips to orphanages.
Every year around this time we raise donations to buy children from different orphanages presents from Santa Claus, or how we call him in Russian Ded Moroz. We also organize New Years and Christmas parties for these children and even took them to Kremlin Yelka Show last year.
But this year we decided to add something different. Children from the Orphanage #24 are used to live in a overcrowded building with very scarce resources. The furthest they have ever travelled is a summer camp just outside of the city. And when we asked them of their New Years wishes, most of the children said they want to see the WHERE THE SAND COMES FROM. This is why Irina and I decided to take some of these children to see the Black sea in Sochi for New Years holidays!
With your guys help we want to take 10 lucky kids to explore the city of 2014 Olympics - Sochi. We plan to:
- Stay in Sochi for 7 full nights. The dates depend on when we able to raise the money needed. The donation only covers expenses for children. Irina and I will be covering ourselves. If we raise more money to take more kids with us, we will take one more volunteer with us.
- Travel by train (which takes around 23hrs and costs 4,000rub = $60 one way per person)
- Rent either a minibus or a tourist bus with a guide (appx 2,000/3,000 rub = $45 per day)
- Stay in a secure hotel with pre-paid breakfast and dinner (so far we plan to stay in Marina Park Hotel that costs 2,900rub=$60 per day per room for two)
- Make arrangements with local restaurants for lunches during excursions
- Visit both the beach and the mountains, and enjoy some free activities organized by the government!
There is no limit in donations! The more money we raise, the more kids will be able to join us! We have millions ideas of how to make these Christmas and New Years Holidays in Sochi unforgettable for these children, please help us fulfill their dreams!