Hello everyone, my name is Jude Kwena and I'am married to one Mrs Irene Bakhita. We have been blessed with two children, a boy and a girl. We are kenyan citizens. Well, last year 2017, we took our son to a daycare center in the neighbourhood. This was because of the tough life that demanded a reasonable income, so as to be able to sustain our family, therefore both my wife and I, had to work in order to meet the needs of our family even though the income we got wasn't enough.
One friday morning, my wife called me, and she was crying over the phone. This was when I got the news that my son was electrocuted with solar power on the lower lip. This was on 17th Feb. 2017.
He was almost one year old, as his birthday was coming up on 26th Feb. 2017. What the daycare owner told us, was that, she had a naked wire hunging over to be pluged in the wall socket and this was only obscured by a piece of plywood. No one ever thought that children could go over the wood.
The child was taken to a local hospital and that is where I was able to see my son, because of the distance of where I was on that day. My wife was admitted with our son for four days and when we got discharged, blood would just ooze out of the lower lip, this was after two days. This called for another admission.
A few months later, as the wound was healing, the lip was being attached with the chin. So we tried to get a chance at the national hospital, where we succeeded. Our son was admitted for surgery to separate the lower lip from the chin. And right now we are still continuing with the clinics and therapies, but the area seems to be forming a keloid and the doctor was advising us to go for another surgery.
So, we as a family are looking for any help that we can get so that we can help our son. These days as he begins to speak, we can be able to note that, he really feels shy whenever if any of our visitors try to ask about his incidence.
We hope to get a positive remark and any good advice from all over the world. Thank you.