Help Missing Children South Africa Find Children!
A child goes missing every five hours in South Africa, according to figures released by the South African Police Service Missing Persons Bureau for 2013. This adds up to a total of 1697 children. Fortunately, according to Missing Children South Africa’s statistics, 77% of children are found. Sadly, this still leaves us with at least 23% of the children not being located.
The Global Problem
Trafficking in children is a global problem affecting large numbers of children. According to UNICEF and World Concern some estimates have as many as 1.2 million children begin trafficked every year. “Children and their families are often unaware of the dangers of trafficking, believing that better employment and lives lie in other countries.”
The reality is shocking and undeniable – there is a tremendous demand for children to be traded into forced (cheap) labour or for sexual exploitation.
It can happen to your child!
Join Us Today to Make a Difference
Join Missing Children SA as we assist the South African Police Service in finding people and creating national awareness.The first 24 hours after a person goes missing, is the most crucial. Our organisation exists to be reactive and to create awareness when a case is reported.