I am wanting to raise 400gbp to enable me to gain the qualification IOSH Managing Safely course 350 for the course and the rest will cover the fees to raise funds
Why do I want to do this course?
I have found it increasingly difficult to gain employment that suits my key skills set and that pays for my worth. I have gained two degrees and have found that this has often made me in the eyes of the employer too over qualified for the average administration role, yet due to lack of experience, under qualified for the management based roles. I have spent just over a year in a Quality Administrator role but I am wanting to progress and go down the health and safety route as I believe there would be more scope for employment and better pay prospects, as well as providing a platform to become self-employed and set up my own business in the future
What am I doing at the minute?
So at this time I am currently completing a one year internship at a school in Canada (Unpaid) where I am mentoring a group of schools through their learning and personal development. Having completed the school myself I was asked to come back in a mentoring role for 1 year and I am returning back to the UK in february and eager to hit the ground running with the best chances to gain employment and I believe that in completing this course prior to returning home would help faciliate this.
The Benefits of Having IOSH Managing Safely
Having researched the benefits of gaining this qualification I have found out the following:
- Give me a more speciliased industry to work within
- Expand my skill set and therefore benefitting my own personal development.
- Will make me more employable and it is a wise move you can make towards career growth
- It will double my salary enabling me to become more self sufficient and position me better for providing for myself and my future family
- I will be able ensure the well-being of my workers. The course will detail my responsibilities as a leader in maintaining best practices in terms of health and safety. I will have access to tools that will help me effectively asses and manage risks in the workplace, investigate incidents, and identify hazards in order to reduce accidents and illnesses.
- I will serve the community better. When an accident happens in a commercial or business space, it will have a direct impact on the safety of the people it serves and the immediate environment. By helping to keep my workplace safe and responsible, I am extending the service to the community that sustains you as an enterprise.
- I will provide an additional service to the company. A business organisation with a clear track record of responsible management earns its credibility in the industry. By sharpening my skills in managing safely, I am ensuring that the company I work for will maintain its stellar reputation and thus continues to generate good business for you, for your colleagues and for the community
I would love it if you could partner with me so that I can begin to become more self sufficent and utilise my skill set to their maximum potential.