Help me get my business off the ground.
For two years I have been practicing and repairing small electronics for myself, friends and family.
I have finally reached a level of skill that I am comfortable with offering as a service.
I do component level logic board repair meaning instead of just throwing parts at something I locate the fault on the board and fix it.
The business would be offering to fix small electronics such as, consoles, phones, tablets, laptops and any other devices that customers might need to have fixed.
Working part time from home I was able to save up and buy some equipment and pay for business registration fees and licenses.
But to be able to offer professional services I would need some further tools and equipment.
The funds from this fundraiser would allow me buy the tools and the equipment I would need to open my small business.Here is the list of what the funding will be spent on. Sorted by importance.
- Atten ST-862D Hot Air Station (This would allow me to remove components from the logic board much more easily, especially components that are difficult to remove with a soldering iron and wick such as ports, chips etc.)
- Korad DC Power Supply (Currently I am using a self-made power supply which is cumbersome to use and not as precise as I want it to be.)
- Parts and donor boards (I would need to get some parts and donor boards so I can repair customer items right away and not have the customers waiting for parts to arrive.)
- Better fume extractor (Currently I use a small fan with a filter on it that I got from ebay. If I am going to be soldering all day I would need something more powerful that makes sure I do not get any dangerous chemicals in my lungs.)
- Desoldering Station (With this I can desolder components more easily and minimize the chance of any board or pad damage happening.)
- Microscope (A proper microscope, my current digital microscope is starting to fail and it is hard to balance the logic board on the microscope foot without the stand getting in the way.)
- KSGER T12 Soldering Station (The current soldering from Quick that I use is excellent unfortunately the tip selection for the station is minimal and I am unable to get a hold of larger tips for soldering larger components or components that are attached to large ground planes.)
- A new desk/table (My current table is starting to get too small to hold all the tools and equipment I need to work efficiently.)
- Generic Ultra Cleaner from AliExpress (This will allow me to get boards professionally cleaned and make sure that any corrosion or flux residue is fully removed.)
- Other accessories and tools (Other stuff that would help such as a new chair, wires, gloves, mats, usb volt/amp meter etc.)
- Thermal Imaging Camera (An easy way to detect shorts that does not require alcohol or touching components waiting for one of them to burn you.)