My younger brother Deo, 17 years old, he was suppose to be a 12th grade student this year was diagnosed with germ cell tumor S/P radical orchiectomy left, stage IV (w/ lung metastasis) bronchopneumonia acute at moderate risk and he needs to undergo 6 cycles of chemotherapy.
The first time he had a high fever, severe coughing and always just staying home and lying in bed was last July 1, 2018. My mom took him to the hospital last July 5, 2018 for a check-up, They made him do some CBC test then while they still don't know the main cause of his fever and cough they confined him in the hospital immediately. The next day, they made him do more tests like X-ray and CT-Scan and that's where they saw that he has water on his lungs and there's many tumor around his body that's why they immediately called an Oncology specialist. After a day, during his check-up in his room the doctors found out that his left testis is really big and it's really firm or hard that's why they called a specialist for urosurgeon and after seeing my brother's situation they decided that he should undergo surgery as soon as possible. So they scheduled the operation immediately. I remember that day July 13, 2018 (this was his operation day) we were all nervous and praying that everything will be okay and I also remember my brother's expression he was so calm and when I talked to him he told me that I'm more nervous than him. The surgery went on for one and a half hours and then he stayed 4 hours in the recovery room. After the day of the operation they sent the left balls that was removed on my brother in the lab for biopsy and after a week we found out the result and that's where they told told us that he should undergo 6 cycles if chemotherapy. He already had his first and second session, in every session instead of one day treatment they divided it to 5 days so his body won't be shocked with all the medicines they will put in him so he is admitted to the hospital for 6-8 days.
He just had his check-up last Saturday, September 8, 2018 and so far the doctor said that his breathing is more okay now than before. On the 3rd week of September he will again be having a ct-scan and X-ray tests to know if the tumor in his body has lessened or did they shrink already and also to know if the water in his lungs was gone. And on September 24, 2018 he will be having his third cycle of chemotherapy.
We are still appealing some financial help for his continued hospitalization and other expenses. Thank you to everyone for your continuous support and prayers, any help big or little will be highly appreciated. Again, thank you from our family and God bless to all.