Hello and good day to everyone who's reading this. My name is Joe, and I would like to expand my business that i'm running currently:
Quick Introduction -
I have started doing freelancing for graphic design works since 2015 and go by the name of Joe Kenji for all my jobs. I like doing what I do, which is creating amazing graphics (to me its art) for my customers to give an edge to them in their advertising campaigns, or to make an impact in what they do. My greatest joy is to see jobs that I do be displayed to the public, especially if I get big clients who will have it printed on billboards or run the adverts on large events.
Now as I have been doing this for some time, I start to have a need to juggle more of my time between finding clients, sending works for print, making changes to existing works, and making new graphics for new clients or jobs. This has made the business hard to run, and I don't want to give this up (as I hope that it will one day be my legacy). Here is my website from which I currently run my business from: My business website
Of course most people around me have advised that I need to expand the business, and into hiring people to do the artwork, and for me to do other aspects of the business. I fully agree with this, yet somehow I find that it is very hard to hire good talents nowadays, as I have a certain target on the quality of work that I deliver to clients.
After much taught into this, I now decided that I want to create an automated platform to help me deal with the client's side, and that I want to take my business towards the printing industry. This is because during my journey here, I have found that printing is more profitable for me compared to just creating the artwork, and is much less time consuming.
The Automated Platform:
I would like to use crowdfunding to fund an Online Automated Platform for my business. This platform will guide clients who would like to print products (flyers, brochures, name cards, posters, etc.) via an wizard-like process that is easy and intuitive, especially for beginners or non professionals, to get their artworks or product printed and directly delivered to them. This eliminates the need for customers to physically present themselves at a print shop, waste time waiting, avoid print mistakes and disappointment, and for those who are social introverts (or likes to deal with a computer) to get printing done. I will also collaborate with local logistic services to enable same day delivery for the prints, right to the client's doorstep.
For Designers, by Designers:
Should my platform be able to succeed (I'm 1000% it will, I just need to get it done.) I want to integrate freelancing into my site, to empower local graphic designers and freelancers who can benefit from the printing side of my company. There are plenty of underpaid graphic designers here in Malaysia who have good talent but lack the business views to hold themselves and a right price for their works, especially newbies in the industry. I hope to create a marketplace where a set and regulated price for graphic works are offered to consumers, giving every designer a chance to show their skills whilst being paid correctly for their works.
How will I use your money?
Funds generated from crowdfunding will be used in the following ways -
- To hire a professional to create the platform.:
- Create the wizard-like experience
- Run on a secured server as transactions will be made on site
- Ensure server is able to cope with high traffic and has sufficient space for large file transfers from clients
- 3rd party Customer service plug-in for quick response on inquiries
- Possible mobile application to check on print progress, deliveries, quick price check and freelance designer progress.
- To finally move out from home and operate in a small SOHO office, hopefully with STAFF
- Hire admin for administration work, and general email reply work
- In-house graphic designer who can replace me for in house jobs that the company will offer to existing clients
- Marketing Campaigns - cause having something awesome but nobody knowing of it sucks!
- PPC (Pay Per Click) advertisements on search engines
- Campaigns on the Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/artbykenji (I haven't had the time to run my own facebook until recently)
- Participation into local Events and Trade Exhibitions to further promote the company's existence
- Participation in business networking groups which requires paid memberships
- Creation of a Video clip (not longer than 2 minutes) to highlight platform and its uses to local market.
Can I keep track of your progress?
Surely! I welcome any form of communication from my backers. First of all please bookmark my website www.artbykenji.com and its facebook page: www.facebook.com/artbykenji to see the progresses that will be made should this campaign be a success. You may reach me via email at [email protected] and if you're in Malaysia or coming for a visit I'm up for a cup of tea/beer! To those who are more business minded, I'm up for discussion on how make this business a success. You may request from me my portfolio, and if you're a venture capitalist, I have an interesting pitch for you. Just drop me an email as above.