*Finishing 5th in Asia Pacific Championship 2018 Beast Elite Women
I'm Cai Abbass, a Spartan Race elite athlete and for the coming months I will be running three races to represent Philippines in Southeast Asia Regional Series and Asia Pacific Championship.
I have been running Spartan Races for some time now and have since been placing very well in my races-- the highest of which is placing 5th in APAC Championship 2018 Beast Elite Women, where I was the only Filipina who placed in the Top 10.
* Rolling mud obstacle. This is from the First Spartan Race I did and I accidentally ran the Elite category and surprisingly placed in the Top20 with very minimal trail run training, but backed with rock climbing and Crossfit trainings for my upper body strength.
This year, I have qualified for the Spartan Race APAC Championship 2019 that will be held in Zhangjiakou, China, and the Spartan Trifecta World Championship in Greece (November).
I deeply love this sport and I am very committed with my trainings to prepare for these races. I have started joining trail races, the most recent, and the first one I joined is the Itogonia 16km Mountain Trail Run where I placed 1st in my age group (Female 30-39) with about 16min ahead of the second placer. This kind of training will help me greatly in Spartan Races because there's a lot of trail running involved in this sport. Also, I have been strength & conditioning training 3-4 times a week, speed training and endurance training, making sure I put in 2-3 long runs and speed training. It is a lot, I know, but we gotta do what we gotta do, right? I also have cross-training disciplines like wall climbing, biking, and swimming.
Qualifying for these races is both an opportunity and a privilege for an athlete like me, and I ask help from you to achieve these goals. Not only that I have been focusing on becoming a better athlete, I am also coaching other Spartan Racers to elevate their game, and this gives fulfillment and purpose in my life.
The first batch of Spartan Race athlete I coached for 3-months in preparation for their first run. They've done incredible well, and has placed decently on their categories. Gretchen (the other girl) actually placed Top 20 in her age group (30-34), the most competitive age group ever.
With the funds I have from my online coaching which I just started, I will not be able to cover for all the expenses for the SEA and APAC races, and I don't have sponsors yet to help me. With this, I will be needing your support to raise funds and send me to these races and make the country proud.
I'm trying to raise funds for 3 races in the coming 2 months:
- Southeast Asia Regional Series Leg 2 in Ipoh Malaysia Jul20-12
- Southeast Asia Regional Series Leg 3 in Bukit Timah, Singapore Aug3
- Asia Pacific Championship 2019 in Zhangjiakou, China Aug25
- SEA Series Leg 2 in Ipoh Malaysia : Race ticket, Airfare, Accomodations, Expenses
- SEA Series Leg 3 in Bukit Timah, Singapore : Race ticket, Airfare, Expenses
- Asia Pacific Championship 2019 in Zhangjiakou : Visa processing, Race ticket, Airfare, Accomodations, Expenses
I would super appreciate your help in sending me to these races so I can achieve my #RoadToTahoe to compete for the Spartan Race World Championship in September.
If you want to make a donation, you can do so by clicking the donate button or by sending your donations straight to my BDO bank account:
ERICA MAE ABBASS, 010920009514
I will appreciate if you can online transfer through BDO so I can somehow save on the platform fees.
In exchange for your donations, I am offering my online coaching services depending on the amount of your donation.
- For donations Php500 to Php1000: 1 day/call fitness consultation
- For donations Php1500-3000: 2-week bodyweight workout program
- For donations Php4000 to Php5000: 1 month customised workout program
- For donations Php6000 and above: 3-month bodyweight masterprogram
All the workout will be delivered through an app available in iOS and Android.
You can check out my Instagram profile to follow my Spartan Race journey so far: instragram.com/pinkurinal
Thank you for your love and support always.