US$2,455.00raised of $2,000.00 goal goal
AN UPDATE: 7/31/18
Good news and bad news:
I found the resources for Fred to help move he and his wife to be relocated. The challenge is that the housing will not be ready for 2-6 months. He is on a waiting list. As it stands now, he does not have all the resources to let him move. Unfortunately, the property management company that is renting the unit to him is still evicting him and will not giving him any more time to stay. That means that by August 7th, he has to vacate the unit or until legally they throw him out, which I am being told can be anywhere from 30 days - two months. The best thing would be to see if we can raise enough money between the non-profit organization and this donation drive to get him in a temp unit until he can find subsidized housing from this non-profit.
Please share with your friends, and let's help Fred. However, as you will hear from this video above, there are many Fred's in the South Bay. He is one of hundreds. IT IS A BIG PROBLEM!
What I have found is there are the HAVES and the HAVE NOTS. The people in the middle, like Fred (Who have resources, but can't quite make it) have little options, These are the people who are left stranded.
This is what we are looking for:
1. People to buy his wife's beautiful Tiffany lamp shades (see below)
2. People to donate money for his next step (Temp housing)
3. People who can actually provide temp housing. Maybe you know someone who has an extra unit or guest house. He can pay up $900-$1000 a month, maybe even a little more with donations and help from the non-profit. (Probably 2-6 months)
4. Someone who has the time to hold his hand though this process. (What I have found is that this is time consuming. He needs help to figure out best options though this non-profit maze) It is confusing for me, and I am half of his age. So, if you know of anyone who has the time to volunteer, that would be wonderful.
5. Anyone who knows a lot about stamps. Fred has a great stamp collection and that also can be used to help him get more resources.
I am now taking this campaign to the community of the South Bay. There is so much resource here in our backyard. We need to become aware and just need to find the time to help. It starts with one person. I am not a relative of Fred's. I am a concerned citizen. I would never want this to happen to my Mom. PLEASE HELP ME HELP FRED! He is almost there. We just have to find him a temporary solution, and little more resources to live.
Thank you all for your support. It really does take a village. If you do not have any resources in the list of things needs, maybe someone you know does. So please pass along.
Love to you all! Nina xo
- Nina Boski
- Campaign Owner
FRED IS ALMOST TO HIS NEXT STEP!!!Update posted by Nina Boski at 03:52 am
PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS.. WE ARE ALMOST THERE IN HELPING FRED!!!