PURPOSE OF THE CAMPAIGN
I recently was blessed with the news of being one of the candidates who've qualified to be awarded a degree of law (LLB) from the JOMO KENYATTA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE AND TECHNOLOGY. My family and I are so thrilled for this incredible blessing and the opportunities that it presents thereafter.
The graduation ceremony will be held virtually on 9th April 2021 ( www.jkuat.ac.ke ). However, I have currently failed to complete my tuition fees and complete the clearance process to enable me graduate.
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER HELPING
1. Failure to graduate means that i'm not able to get my degree certificate.
2. The degree enables me to Join the Advocates Training Programme (ATP) at the Kenya School of Law for one to be admitted to the bar as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya. The programme commences on 5th May 2021 ( www.ksl.ac.ke ).
3. Missing out on this year's intake means i shall waste a whole year out before i can be admitted for the programme in 2022.
I was born and raised in Kibera Slums. The first born in a family of four. Coming from a disadvantaged background, my parents made my education a priority because they knew it was the only way we could escape the hardships that we endured. I was fortunate enough to be admitted for the LLB programme in 2012. However, I deferred my studies multiple times due to lack of school fees and to give my siblings the opportunity to also get a basic education. I ended up working as deejay and events organiser just to raise my fee for 3 years.
Last year when covid struck, i did plead my case with the school administration and was allowed to continue with my final year as i worked out a payment plan to complete my tuition fee. The current balance is Ksh. 225,000 ($2250). With no access to student loans and the ban on social gatherings it has been difficult to work on how to clear the balance.
HOW YOUR DONATION WILL HELP.
1. The overall goal is to use this degree to advocate for the various human rights that are being violated in our community.i.e. Gender based violence, Early marriages e.t.c.
2. To serve as an inspiration to the thousands of children from a disadvantaged background that you can dare dream.
I've immersed myself in various volunteer projects in my community that involves working with children. This has led me to work with organisations such as "Put a smile on a child's face" [ IG: @putasmileonachildsface ] and Inua Mimi Rescue Centre (IMRC). IMRC is home to 60+ children who are rescued from the community which faces Tribalism, Child Abandonment, Orphans, Early Marriage, Female Genital Mutilation, poverty and more. We provide shelter, give them basic education and expose them to arts such as dance, photography singing and other talents ( www.inuamimirescuecentre.org ). I therefore intend to use my degree to advocate for their rights in the community.
I need your help to break free from the restrictions of my background and financial situation. Thank you in advance to everyone who chooses to be a part of this campaign either by donating or sharing. Be blessed.