I am Renelito Tangkay, Certified Public Accountant in the Philippines. I am initiating this Charity Funding to help at least twenty (20) families and/or individuals affected by COVID 19 Pandemic.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the National and Local
As a result, the livelihood on most of us are being affected, including the Poorest of the Poor sector in our society. There are families and individuals out there who needs immediate help. The Philippine Government is giving out 6,000.00 on each Household, the so-called Social Amelioration Fund. However, for some reasons, these were only given to selected few, and not all who badly needed it. The Fund may have runout in some localities and thus, the local officials did not include them in the beneficiary list or for other reasons that we don’t know.
Given the above circumstance, I am setting-up a Fundraising initiative for a target beneficiaries of 20 Families/Individuals who are considered to be poorest of the poor in Borbon, Cebu, Philppines. They are my former schoolmates, classmates, childhood friends, neighbors, family and relatives. I plan to give PHP5,000.00 (or est. 100 USD) each Family / Individual. This, I believed, can help them for at least a month to survive in this trying time.
Below are some profile stories of the beneficiaries:
- Beneficiary #1. A Family of 8 children (ages range from 2 years old to 18), the father is a Grab Driver based in Cebu City. However, since transportation is currently suspended in the City, his livelihood was disrupted.
- Beneficiary # 2. A Family of 6 children whose Mother is working as Domestic Helper in Saudi, however, banks and other financial institutions were closed in that country since March, thus she was not able to send money to her Family in Cebu since then.
- Beneficiary #3. A family with 4 children, the father cannot work since there’s no mode of transportation. They asked a Bicycle to be used as a service going to work.
- Beneficiary #4. An UNMARRIED woman, 76 years old, No Family, No Siblings. Her only means of livelihood is doing some rattan works in the province, but was disrupted due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Beneficiary #5. A family with stage-4 Diabetes with 3 children living in the countryside as a farmer. He needs help not only for their food but also for his medicine.
- Beneficiary #6. A Family with 2 Children, the father’s livelihood was a helper in construction sites in Cebu City, now he is jobless.
- Beneficiary #7. A couple living below the poverty line, both Senior Citizens. The Husband cannot walk due arthritis. He needs both medicine and food.
- Beneficiary #8. Another Couple both Senior Citizens working as a Farmer even in their old age (both 72 years old). Their children were now unable to send money because their own family is also greatly affected.
- Beneficiary #9. A family with 3 children whose Father was working as a Tricycle Driver. Since the mass transportation was suspended in this ECQ, they have lost their means of livelihood.
- Beneficiary #10. A family with 6 children, all minors. The husband was working as construction helper in the City while the wife is a domestic helper in the same city. However, both of them lost their livelihood because of this crisis.
The other beneficiaries have more or less the same story, all of them are greatly affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic.
These are the stories that inspired me to initiate this fund-raising activity with the help of your platform in GoGetFunding. Any amount of raised will be of great help to these families in need.
Thank you very much and looking forward for your favorable response.