Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this!
My name is mikal, and I am a high school student looking to afford the raspberry Pi and the accessories needed to make sure it works. The reason why I am fundraising is because I cannot get a job, the main reason is being that my parents are divorced and are overly protective of their visitation, and a job would mess with it and cost thousands of dollars in legal fees just to make sure I can get and keep a job and not have to quit every three months. So now I am here asking for your help!
What will my donation go toward?
By donating, you will help me fund my endeavors of buying a Raspberry pi, which includes:
- The Raspberry Pi 2. http://amzn.to/1At54lA this is the main piece, without this buying anything else is useless. (The price here is about $50, but it only costs about $35)
- Amazon Basics cords (HDMI-HDMI, HDMI-DVI). http://amzn.to/17fgOKP / http://amzn.to/19mcCuo these are needed to connect the Pi to my TV so I am able to work with the Pi. $16.
- Speakers. http://amzn.to/1Cy0X5d the main TV I would be using does not have an HDMI port useable, so I would be using the HDMI-DVI cord, and that does not usually transmit sound, so I would need to use those for sound if I had any. $14.
- Wi-Fi Adapter USB. http://amzn.to/1DWLbCO Got to connect somehow, best way to do it besides with an Ethernet cable. $10.
- Wireless keyboard. http://amzn.to/19me7bZ I already have the same brand wireless mouse, so all I need is the keyboard. $20.
- Pi Case. http://amzn.to/1yIWQyt to keep the Pi safe. $10
- MicroSD Card. http://amzn.to/1CyIbYT Used for memory and any OS I would load on. $12.
- USB Hub. http://amzn.to/1Mpdei1 The Pi has only one USB port, so this will add four ports and also give power to the Pi, making it very useful. $16
- Total Price: $121, not including fees like tax and shipping.
What is the Raspberry Pi?
Taken from the Raspberry Pi's site:
The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse. It is a capable little device that enables people of all ages to explore computing, and to learn how to program in languages like Scratch and Python. It’s capable of doing everything you’d expect a desktop computer to do, from browsing the internet and playing high-definition video, to making spreadsheets, word-processing, and playing games.
Why am I asking for a Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a great device for programming and small time computing, both help me with a future as a programmer/Game designer. By helping me afford a raspberry pi you are helping me become one step closer to becoming a successful person in the future, helping me pay something that may take years otherwise.
I want to thank you for reading this, and I hope you can help me further my learning by helping me afford this wonderful device.