US$640.00raised of $19,400.00 goal goal
My adopted son Marco has been deaf his entire life. We have received a donation of a used hearing aid that may improve Marco's hearing. The procedure to implant and the therapy afterwards are extremely expensive, even here in Mexico.
We would greatly appreciate any donations, prayers or shares to help us achieve this goal.
With much gratitude.
For additional info about Marco and/or the procedure, feel free to review below:
Full Name: Marco Antonio Lizama Solis
Born: January 11, 2006
Reason for being deaf: Marco was born 3 months premature with a heart condition that required surgery the day he was born. The battery of antibiotics he received after surgery for months stopped the formation of the bones in his ear (particularly the Anvil and Stirrup). The two must touch slightly to hear sound.
- Marco has always been the happiest child. He is kind, considerate and selfless. Responsible and dedicated.
- He loves animals (all kinds.)
- He loves music, although the volume has to be at a level that it’s hard to bear for those of us that can hear. He feels the vibrations and can tell a fast song from a slow one and moves to the vibrations. He has a headset that is extremely loud so that I can tolerate him listening to (feeling) his music.
- As all kids, he loves his video games as well. It doesn’t matter what game. He just loves to play.
- His dream is to hear. Ever since we met a 70-year old man from Canada on vacation in 2019 that had a BAHA implant, Marco has wanted one. He asked me for one for Christmas.
- His last trimester of grade school he received a 98.75 on his school evaluation, with an overall score for the year of a 95% making him the valedictorian of his grade school that year.
- He can’t wait to go to school although he loves the 6-week summer vacation as well. He always is recognized each month by his teachers as a child who participates and assists other students as well as the teacher in daily functions. He is now in Junior High and there is much more homework and using sign language takes a lot to explain things to him rather than just being able to speak and ask clarifying questions verbally.
Imagine being able to see your child hear for the first time? I want him to hear his loved one's voices and laughs, hear the bird's sing, listen to his music for real and be able to pronounce more words than he can now. As smart as he is, he will excel even faster once he can hear.
Please help Marco to be a typical child and enjoy all the sounds that we can hear, and take for granted.
Please Share this page with all your friends and keep Marco in your prayers!
- Jesus Andres Garza Villarreal
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet