I am Rosendo Ticsay, a father of a 6-year-old son battling with cancer. We are seeking for help.
Together with my wife, who is an average worker here in the UAE, we are raising money to sustain the medical treatment of our eldest son Luke Marzen Catacutan Ticsay.
Luke was born on April 26,2013 with a congenital heart disease but, in spite of his heart condition, he is growing up to be a jolly, smart, sweet and a strong growing kid until a lymph node inflammation appeared in his neck area around September of last year.We didn't waste any time and got him checked in different hospitals until one hospital diagnosed him with T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia on October 7, 2019.
At that time, the company I have been working with cannot be able to provide us with a sufficient salary for a few months already and we don't have anything at hand except for our insurance we were counting on.
It was last October 5, 2019 when we went to Al Jalila Children's Specialist Hospital Emergency, in which they agree to admit because of the child condition as per the previous hospital's reports and also the with the immediate check-up of doctors in ER, as the patient condition is life threatening. While we were in Al Jalila, the doctors diagnosed my son with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (T-Cell type). Knowing of the expensive procedure that will be done we were expecting our insurance to cover our medical bills, but they insist that it is not an emergency case and they will not cover it. We insisted, but to no avail. With the help of some hospital staff, they endorsed us at the hospital foundation to immediately begin with the treatments.
Luke, being brave and cooperative with his side-to-side treatments (injections, laboratories, chemotherapies and other heartbreaking procedures for a 6 year old kid) showed quite a progress and was able to be discharged last November 7,2019 with strict monitoring and supervisions of the hospital as an out-patient so as not also to incur additional bills in the hospital room as well.
We are so thankful that the foundation has shouldered our outstanding hospital bills amounting to nearly 600,000.00 aed. However, we already have consumed the allowable amount for subsidy the foundation can offer.
As of now we are on his 2nd cycle of treatment which should start this March 17, 2020, but I am afraid it would be delayed because of a lack of funding in which with the chemotherapies alone will cost us an approximately US$ 28,000.00. The doctors told us that the approximate treatment for this case will be around three years. And we are just starting.
Right now, I do not have a job, hands-on and fully dedicating my time taking care of Luke, going back and forth in the hospital (sometimes in successive days or also admitted for a few days as well).
We heard about GoGetFunding and we are coming to you and knocking on your kind hearts to please help us in this fight. Any amount will be of great help and a lot of prayers for Luke. Thank you and may God bless you abundantly.