₱158,625raised of ₱300,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
Help save my life … This plea for assistance is not for elective surgery, it is a life or death situation and to be honest, my wife and I are both scared as hell. We know I need this done but making it happen seems like a mountain too high to climb.
On Saturday March 16 this year I had a cardiac episode and since then have had a tightness and moderate level of pain in my chest and at times in my upper left arm. This appears to be getting steadily worse.
I saw my Cardiologist again on 3/28/19, the good news is I am still breathing ... the bad news is I was told to prepare 350 to 400,000 pesos to have angioplasty with 3 stents done and to get it done as soon as possible ... where the hell am I going to get that kind of money, damn I couldn't raise 40k let alone 400 ...
The reasons for choosing Angioplasty instead of Arterial by pass surgery is that its about half the cost, less invasive, far less trauma and much less healing time.
The doctor gave me some medicine and told me that would help keep me alive in the short term but basically if I have a heart attack I probably won't make it to the hospital ... (I can believe that with ambulance response times) … I am a tough old bastard but this has really shaken me.
I hate to admit it but I am shit scared at the moment, not knowing what the future might hold, yeah I am supposed to not stress out but I am finding that hard to do … This is difficult for me but I need to ask for some help to get me through this … thats why this GoFundMe page, (Online friends suggested it), … any and all help is very appreciated. Any little bit will help.
A little background …
My name is Lex Adams and after several visits to the Philippines, I have been living in Cebu, the Philippines as a permanent resident for the past 5 years.
In 2014 I had 2 cardiac episodes, had an angiogram and other tests after the first, seems there is a problem with 3 arteries being partially blocked. I was in Cebu when the second episode happened in October 2014 and was hospitalised for a short time. I saw a local Cardiologist, who advised I go back to Australia to get the situation rectified so I returned to Aussie in November 2014. I saw my local doctor and got a referral to a Cardiologist, he looked at the angiogram results, put me on some maintenance pills and said I could go on a waiting list for surgery … the wait time was estimated to be between 2 and 3 years.
I decided to return to Cebu in February 2015 as most of my life was already here, including the wonderful woman who became my wife. I kept visiting the local cardiologist regularly and continued with the maintenance meds. I experienced some discomfort at times but generally not too bad. I switched to a cardiologist local to me and continued the routine. Now some almost immediate action is needed if I am to stay in the land of the living.
Some have suggested I go back to my country but as a non resident for tax and voting purposes I lost my Medicare coverage and will need to wait for 6 months to prequalify after arriving back in Aussie even if I could afford the travel, accommodation etc … there is nothing to go back to in Aussie as I have no family to speak of there and no support base of any kind. For better or worse my life is here …
Bad shit can happen to good people in spite of their best efforts. I reckon more than a few people reading this could say, “there but for the grace of god …”
Please share this with your friends and on your groups. Any little bit helps. If you can't or don't want to help then that's okay but please consider sharing this.
Thank you for reading and considering this appeal.
- Lex Adams
- Campaign Owner
Thank you to the generous people who supported me here ...Update posted by Lex Adams at 06:02 pm
This Fund Me page is closed. Thank you to all of you who contributed, it means more to us than words can say, you are all awesome. Once I have had the Angioplasty with Stenting done and receive the final receipt for payment I will post it in the group. . . . .
Added news after visiting the hospital today ...Update posted by Lex Adams at 12:14 pm
Well just came from the hospital ... what a bun fight ... they kept sending us from department to department although we also had a social worker with us ... but the crux of the matter is that there is some assistance available to foreigners ... the catch is no. . . . .
Time to update ...Update posted by Lex Adams at 01:49 pm
Well its been a pretty uneventful couple of weeks. Seems I have bad days and not so bad days, but no good days. I was at the cardiologist a couple of days ago, not a good day at all. Was told that the hospital would not enter into a payment. . . . .
Update:-Update posted by Lex Adams at 12:11 am
Update: My health is stable for the moment, I have constant chest pressure and minor pain most of the time. The pain level increases and decreases throughout the day and evening. Some of you have asked about actual costs involved so here is what they gave me.Angioplasty with 3 Stents. . . . .