Gia Garcia is fighting Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, a chronic autoimmune disease wherein the body’s immune system attacks normal, healthy tissues.
She was diagnosed with Lupus in 2010 at 14 years old, and has been on remission for the past 8 years. Unfortunately the disease flared up again towards the end of 2018.
Currently her Lupus is attacking her kidneys and blood.
As of this writing, Gia has been confined in the hospital for a little over a month but she is getting stronger everyday.
We are currently seeking PRAYERS, BLOOD DONORS, and MONETARY DONATIONS to help with the mounting medical bills.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
I. BLOOD DONATION
Gia needs a CONTINUOUS DAILY supply of RED BLOOD CELLS (RBCs) and PLATELET APHERESIS.
- For donors of RBCs (blood type A+), please go as soon as possible to the Manila Doctors Ermita Blood Bank.
- For donors of Platelet Apheresis (strictly Male, blood type A+), please contact FAITH VALLE at 0956 433 4579 with your name and number. These platelets only last for 5 days so you will be kept in our database where we can contact you as soon as Gia needs Apheresis.
The requirements for donors are as follows:
- at least 110lbs/50kgs
- in good health
- at least 16 years old (minors will need parental consent)
- not pregnant
- at least 6 hours of sleep
- no major illness
- their last tattoo/piercing was at least 12 months ago; last alcohol intake was at least 24 hours ago
- at least 3 months since last blood donation
II. MONETARY DONATION
Gia's medical bills are mounting and we would greatly appreciate any monetary donation you can give. Please kindly donate through this campaign, OR if you prefer to send it via bank you may deposit to:
Regina Jay Upano Garcia
After donating, please fill up this form so that we can send you an acknowledgement and a thank you note: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVi36wXc...
III. SPREAD THE WORD
Please take a few moments to share this campaign to your friends, family, and social media, and continue to pray for Gia's recovery.
Every little bit counts!