I am a chartered financial planner and have worked in finance for over 15 years
In the early days I took many investment risks, and lost over £100,000, mainly due to lack of knowledge. Through my subsequent career in finance I have learnt proper risk management, and how best to diversify and select an investment portfolio.
Around 6 months ago I decided to start building a financial education website and blog, to help traders and investors understand the financial markets, and the risks involved. Without proper knowledge it is difficult to be successful, and it is hard to obtain unbiased advice, as most the information available is driven by commissions.
My idea is to cover a wide range of topics, to give beginners and advanced learners an insight in how best to invest their money for the future and reduce the risk of loss. At present I have put a lot of time and money into the site, but still have some way to go before it is finished. I have the URL and the basic structure of the site completed, but need more content, tools, data and design before launching the final website.
Initially I plan to include the following :
A learning center for, with a large range of topics under each heading :
- Trading e.g. Futures, CFD's, Spread Betting
- Investment e.g. Earnings Per Share, P/E, Benchmarking, Asset class correlation and diversification
- Economics e.g. Sector Analysis, Financial Markets, Supply and demand
Reviews of :
- Investment companies and services
- Investment products
Guides on :
- How to invest
- How to manage risk
- Portfolio management
News and data on :
- Financial markets : Funds, Commodities, Equities, Futures, Foreign Currency
- General Market News
- Analysis of financial market events
Once the website has been established I would like to add the following :
- Guides to pension investment, regulations, and type of pension schemes
- Analysis from other experienced financial professionals
- A discussion site for people to chat and ask questions in regards to general financial matters
- General consumer information on personal financial products
So the idea is that people can gain a large amount of knowledge on trading and investment, free of charge, without having to pay for a financial advice. I always recommend that financial advice is sought. However, the website aims to be a valuable independent (and not commission driven) financial resource for those making plans for the future
I would like to get the website completed and up and running over the next three months. It requires more funding than the money I have already spent, to get it off the ground.
I welcome any feedback, and any ideas for content on the site.
Thank you !