Please watch the short, 2 minute video above for the brief back story of Victor the rescue dog, or find it on YouTube at this link
Hi, my name is Lea. I'm a 32 year old woman living with my elderly parents. I co-own and run a small graphic design / website development business from home. Although my business is promising for the future, we are still in early stages and do not have much extra money to spend. I'm also involved in local community work with women in street prostitution.
I'm raising money to help me provide for my unexpected street-rescue dog, Victor.
I was not planning on adopting a dog right now, although I wanted to do so in the future. Victor came into my life very unexpectedly, and I had no choice but to take him in. Please see the short 2-minute video for the back-story.
It is my wish to continue to be able to provide for and raise Victor.
Because he is an American pitbull terrier, rehoming him will be very difficult due to the challenges and risks of this breed. Besides that, he has bonded with me and my parents, as we have with him. We love him as our family dog. The circumstances are good for him here since the yard is large and there is usually at leas one or two of us home most days. But owning, raising and training him is a big responsibility that cannot be taken lightly.
The funds raised here will go towards:
1. Replenishing my depleted emergency funds spent on Victor's care up to now.
2. Veterinary care: continued routine and emergency veterinary care, his future neuter operation, continued vaccinations and microchip, and perhaps a monthly installment on pet medical aid.
3. His food: Victor eats over half a kg of food a day. He has to be on veterinary grade puppy food until he is 2 years old. Good nutrition is extra important for him because he was starved at a crucial developmental stage.
4. Obedience training, behavioral support and socialization: Victor has been having weekly obedience classes. He will need continued training and behavioral support from professionals due to his anxiety issues caused by his past neglect. Because he is growing up to be a large, strong and intelligent dog, his training and obedience are of utmost importance and cannot be neglected.
5. Anxiety and nerve support remedies: We have found that using natural anxiety and nerve support supplements are yielding good results with Victor. His calmness needs to increase in order to maintain good health and development in him.
6. Bedding, equipment and toys: As any dog, Victor needs to be comfortable and entertained. Everything costs a bit more with him, because he is so large. (and still growing.)
Please help me and Victor by donating towards his health and upkeep.
During this past month, Victor has been developing amazingly. With continued love, care and your support, he will go on to become a great doggo.
Thank you so much!