Hello, I'm Corazon Sepulchre.
I am setting up this fund raising for the victims of Typhoon Ompong (Mangkhut).
My family and I suffered as well. However, there are people who suffered much more - some lost their lives while some others lost their houses and means of living. And some, they lost the light in their lives.
At the moment, our house is holding a big chunk of eroded land - land on both sides of our house eroded. Mud crept inside our home ankle high and we are still worried that the mud that eroded will totally push through and crack our walls.
HOWEVER, despite these concerns, we are lucky and thankful to be alive - for there are others who suffered much, much more.
I've started this fund raiser since the place Typhoon Ompong devastated is very close to me. This is where I grew up. I cannot help given the situation at home but I still wish to atleast do something - and this fund raiser is the best means I can to help.
There are still 60++ people missing in one area where one side of the mountain eroded. Roads to provinces are still closed thereby isolating the people there. There are a lot still in evacuation centers relying on relief goods - distraught. Rescue operations are still in place all over Benguet (our province) and nearby towns. There are a lot of eroded lands that isolate towns. Some would need to hike 6 hours for them to reach the main city since the roads are cut and no car can pass.
There are a lot of things that are still happening and people needing assistance.
The funds raised through this fundraiser will be allotted into the following and more:
- Buying food to be packed and sent to evacuation centers (rice, canned goods, water bottles, noodles, bread, milk etc)
- Preparation of warm food for volunteers (rescuers and volunteers are still excavating and searching for bodies trapped on muds - they are working non-stop. It would be great to provide them with warm and nice meals while they work so hard non-stop).
- Procurement of blankets, baby wear, and milk for children in evacuation centers.
- Buying of school supplies for children or elementary students in evacuation centers who lost their homes and with it their school supplies.
- Buying of clean personal wear to be distributed to evacuees as well as toiletries.
- Others that are deemed needed (fuel for generators in rescue operations, medicines etc)
To anyone, whatever value is shared, for as long as given from the heart will surely be appreciated.
Thank you so much for the help and please, for the prayers as well.
Photos are sourced from Google and personal files.