Help for Lestat

Update posted by Jessica B On Sep 30, 2013

Just wanted to say a huge thank you again to everyone who helped out! I'm taking Lestat in tomorrow evening to have him put to sleep :( He just seems like he is really hurting and I'm not going to make him suffer any longer than he has too. There isn't a cure for the lymphoma so even though this decision breaks my heart...I know he will be better off and will be waiting for me at Rainbow Bridge in the end. I have decided to take him to my mom's house afterwards to bury him and then plant either a tree or a lilac bush by him. Like I said I'm going to leave the campaign open for just a few days longer to help cover the last vet bills.  Again thank you, I am truly blessed to have had support from all of you in trying to get him the best care possible.

Add a Comment

Update posted by Jessica B On Sep 26, 2013

Hey everyone just wanted to give an update on Lestat after his vet visit today. During the manual exam the vet found a pretty good size mass in his stomach/intestinal area. They are almost 100% sure that it's lymphoma. It explains the diarrhea and weight loss and why the white counts have still been high. We have decided to go with a course of steroids and anotoher round of antibiotics for a couple weeks. I asked the vet if she thought that it would do any good, or if we were at the point where I should make the decision to let him go, and she thinks that we can give at least two weeks of quality life with the meds, she isn't one to drag things out unnecissarily so she wouldn't have reccommended the meds if she didn't think they would do him any good. She said to try them for a week at least and see how he is responding. If he isn't having any interest in food or water, or is just not seeming like he is feeling any better than to give her a call.  It's really hard knowing that i'm not going to have that much longer with him, but at the same time I'm happy that today wasn't my last day. If he doesn't start to act like he's feeling any better within a week though I'm not going to prolong it for him. I don't want him to suffer. So thank you everyone that has helped out, I'm going to leave the fundraiser up for now because I know i'll still need help with the final vet bill.

Add a Comment

Update posted by Jessica B On Sep 23, 2013

Lestat seems to be doing ok energy wise and getting more strength in his legs again, but he really hasn't continued to put on weight and is still having a lot of diarrhea issues, he will not use his litter box half the time so I have been having to use puppy training pads next to the litter box. Normally he will go on those but today he walked into the living room by the front door and decided to poop. He is still eating wet food but not quite as much as he was before. I've also noticed that when he eats more dry food than wet food, he throws up more often. He has been done with the antibiotics for almost a week? now I think, or pretty close to a week. I need to schedule another vet visit to recheck bloodwork and see if we can figure out the tummy issues and the weight issue yet. Please if you can please share this to get it out there more so more people can see this??

Add a Comment

Update posted by Jessica B On Sep 16, 2013

Hey everyone! Lestat officially finished his second round of antibiotics today! He has still been eating wet cat food along with dry food that he supplements throghout the day. He is still having tummy issues and a lot of diarrhea, which he is now associating the litter box with pain or discomfort and will go potty next to it....which def. causes some issues since our dog likes to try to "clean it up" for us if we aren't quick enough. He has been acting pretty lethargic again the past few days so I am not sure if he is getting sick again or if there is another underlying issue going on. He tends to get extremely cuddly and wanting attention when either he is getting sick or I am getting sick (which starting Sat. evening I felt like I was coming down with something and def was sick all day Sun.) So I will keep an eye on him the next few days and see if he improves or not. Still trying to raise funds so I can get him back into the vet for another round of bloodwork to make sure the infection is gone now. Thank you to everyone who has helped out, and who has taken the time to share this event on various social media sites! I can't express in words how grateful I am!    To anyone who may be reading this and notice that the amount is $0 raised at this time it is because I didn't have a chance to extend the time on the last campaign before it expired. I did add all the updates that were on the last one into the main description of this one, which made it a very LONG description.

Add a Comment

photo

Thank you guys for your donations! I'm adding an update about his vet visit today, didn't go so well :(

Jessica B

Posted On Sep 26, 2013

photo

jkxc,lswhuask,asplo What they meant to say is get well. (It's hard to type with paws.)

Sophie & Jelly

Backed On Sep 24, 2013 Amount Hidden

photo

WPdM

Backed On Sep 24, 2013 Amount Hidden

photo

Good luck!

Guest

Backed with $30.00 On Sep 24, 2013

Add a Comment

photo

Jessica B

flag Brandon, US

send a message

No Followers Just Yet...

Can’t Donate? Sharing Helps Too!

Did you know a 10 second Facebook share raises an average of $25??

Share on